Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yikes! Where do I start?

Hi Sandy,

I've been busy trying to find my way around the neighborhood and am having a lot of fun visiting different places. I wonder if you'd be willing to give me some more advice? I'd like to know if there's a way I can keep track of the places where I've left comments. Also, I've loved some of the albums and would like to visit them again - how can I remember where to go? I guess that's almost the same question twice.

I put up a profile picture but it doesn't always show up when I comment somewhere, and I did put up four pictures in an album if you want to go and look at it! It took a few tries to get the pictures to go where I wanted them to, but they finally did.

Thanks for your help and the nice welcome you've given me.

Cyndi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Cyndi. Let's see if I can help you out a bit. First, on your profile picture - it won't show up on your posts. Go back to your profile and add the same picture as your avatar and it will then show on the posts you made.

Right above your current post you will notice a gray bar. If you click on Thread Tools there is a drop-down menu and it will allow you to 'subscribe' to a thread. I've never used this but try it - I think then you will get an e-mail when there has been further discussion on that thread.

I have found, since I spend too much time here anyway, that if I log-on in the morning I can get caught up faster if I just click on the What's New tab at the top of the page in the blue ribbon.

We are all looking forward to getting to know you better. Right now I'm heading out to check your album.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What can I say here that hasn't already been posted? not much!
    Welcome to the forum, it is INDEED like a big neighbourhood of friends who call on each other for; advice(there is always someone who has a gem to knowledge to help) , to share quilty ideas(by the bucket load!), to show off new buys(so you can get fabric envy! LOL!) and even give you great recipes. It's just like real life!
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again Sandy,

I've looked and looked on my profile page and can't find a place to put in an avatar. Can you tell me what I'm missing?

Cyndi

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi, I think you have found the best quilting forum around. I'm new to quilting and I am amazed at the friendliness and knowledge of all the folks here. I took a look at your album and WOW! Very impressive. Beautiful work!
    I look forward to hearing some tips from you.

~ Tammy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Martha,
    You are just down the road from me! We lived in Durham for about 20 years and moved to Farmington four years ago.

How long have you been quilting?

Cyndi

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi,
    Welcome from sometimes sunny Florida! You will have so much fun bouncing around this site, visit often!
    Bev.