Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yikes! Where do I start?

Welcome Cyndi, I am a new quilter and like the others would love to see some of your works of art. You could not have found a better group to join. I have only been on the form for 3 months and already feel like they are all very good friends. They have all been very helpful and supportive of my fumbling my way around the world of quilting. I hope you'll come and join us often so we can get to know you and you can get to know all of us.
    Mary
    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and nice to meet you.I've only been here a week and everyone has made me feel very welcome. I really like the daily thread as it feels more chatty, you know like next door neighbors. So glad you are here.
    Carol

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for welcoming me. I really am looking forward to figuring out where to go and how to find where things are. I have two question for you. First, how do I post pictures and how do I see the pictures other quilters have posted? Oops, those are two questions really and I have another one. Where do I find Blondie's daily thread? I'd like to read it every day but don't know where to find it.

Again, thank you! I'm busy with my last homeschooling boy, age 17, (out of my 7 children) and my husband and I live next door to my daughter and her family including two preschoolers and one foster baby. I get my grammie fix every day and it's great! I do make sure I get in quilting time every day and now I'll add visiting here to my daily (very flexible) routine.

Oh, and good morning to all! It's raining here again in NH which makes today a perfect quilting day. I'd like to post a picture of one of my new project, so someone please help!

Cyndi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cynthia,

I grew up in Gilford and went to school in Laconia. I travel up to Keepsake in Centre Harbor as often as I can. Do you know these towns? Farmington is near Alton and Wolfeboro to the north and Rochester and Dover to the south.

Are you going to A Quilter's Gathering in November? I go to as many quilt shows as I can that are nearby.

Cyndi

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

HI Cyndi. I am also new to this community and it is a great place to be.
    Bobbi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
    Hi everyone! Thank you so much for welcoming me. I really am looking forward to figuring out where to go and how to find where things are. I have two question for you. First, how do I post pictures and how do I see the pictures other quilters have posted? Oops, those are two questions really and I have another one. Where do I find Blondie's daily thread? I'd like to read it every day but don't know where to find it.

Again, thank you! I'm busy with my last homeschooling boy, age 17, (out of my 7 children) and my husband and I live next door to my daughter and her family including two preschoolers and one foster baby. I get my grammie fix every day and it's great! I do make sure I get in quilting time every day and now I'll add visiting here to my daily (very flexible) routine.

Oh, and good morning to all! It's raining here again in NH which makes today a perfect quilting day. I'd like to post a picture of one of my new project, so someone please help!

Cyndi
    Cyndi, at the top of the first forum page there are albums showing up and the individual member's name is showing below those pictures. Or, if you see someone's post and want to know more about them, click on their name and it will give you options - choose view their profile and if they have photo albums it will show there.

If you want to post a picture inside your message, instead of using a quick post click on the button that reads go advanced. There will be a paperclip at the top of that area and if you click on it and follow directions it will allow you to post pictures from your computer. There is a size limitation, so if your photos are quite large the system may not accept them Use a resizing program - I usually make mine about 600x800 . . . pixels.

Blondie posts in the Chit-Chat section of the forum. Scroll down - it's the next to last listing. However, when I check into the forum I use the second button from the left at the top - there in the blue ribbon - and click What's New. Everything that's been updated or responded to since you last checked in will show up then.

Play around and just start clicking on things - the only thing you can do is have fun or lock your computer up (which I can do easily without trying).
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi. Welcome from Vermont (mid-state). Just jump in to the different conversations. You're always welcome. would love to see some of your work. Do you have an photos of your projects you could share? Enjoy the forum and come back often.
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

A big welcome Cyndi from Australia. Our group is quite international so you will meet folk from all parts of the world. Sit back and make yourself comfortable, we are happy to have you.

I think Sandy has answered your questions but certainly if you need to know anything, by all means just ask, someone is sure to have the answers.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy,

Thank you so much for the info. Now I have more ideas on where to go.

I do like it here already!

Cyndi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi, Welcome from Western NY, The Fingerlakes Region. You will love the support and love you get from these wonderful quilters. As everyone else has stated, would love to see your pics.
    Don't forget to view Jenny's tutorials and the blog. I know you probably know more than the rest of us with your 30 years of quilting, but Jenny can spring a new way to do something that is easier than ever. Hope you don't mind if we ask you questions! =) Hugs, Jan L.
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>