Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Janome Skyline S5

I came across this machine in my ongoing search for another. Prices are not listed on the websites and I do not have a dealer anywhere near me. Anyone know how much this machine sells for? If you have one, how do you like it?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome Skyline S5

Hi, g8dhourse....funny you should ask. I was at our local dealer store last week. And looked at (very closely) that machine. I guess Janome wanted to have a machine in the mid range as they start at a lower price and then go sky high quickly. I believe she said the MRSP was $1500 or maybe even $1999), but they had just done a Quilt Show and it was on special for $999. The other one they showed me was the 6600. Apparently that is a work horse. I can't do anything right now about getting a new one, but I can look and drool.

Good luck!
    Cynthia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lorie

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Cynthia! I saw the MSRP price on the Janome site but we all know that the dealers mark them down for sales. I was just curious. Did you get to test the Skyline?

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am new here, so hope hope I get this right. I just wanted to tell you I just purchased the Skyline S5 about a month ago, and I absolutely love it, I was able to get it for 1199.00. I feel it was a great deal for all of the features it has. Very happy with it and I did research for about six months to find just the right machine. Hope this helps!
    DKMiller

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning g8dhorse7, and good luck with your purchase. A sewing blog I read reviewed this machine when it was introduced. The caveat is that Janome is a sponsor of that blog, so buyer beware about that. But you will find more detailed explanation with excellent photos of the features of this machine here on this blog. If I were going to a dealer to try out this machine I would definitely want to read this blog post first so I could familiarize myself with the machine features before getting there and just oohing and aahing over it. Hard to bargain with a dealer over price when you have to wipe the drool off your chin before speaking!

Introducing the Janome Skyline S5 Sewing Machine | Sew4Home