Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wowzers! Guess who I spent the day with.....

It would be great to attend a class by Leah - glad you got to go!!
    ***Kathy***

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it interesting what we are willing to put up with and do to meet our favorite quilting gurus? Glad you got to take the class.

I took last Wednesday off work to attend a workshop with Cindy Needham. I was SOOOOO excited and it was SOOOOO worth playing hooky.
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
    Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwriter View Post
    Attachment 107998
    She gave us all kinds of ideas of how to do feathers...marked and FMQ. I loved her creativity. I was trying to persuade my travel machine to behave and FMQ when she came by and offered to modify my darning foot so it wouldn't hop. (This is really my darning foot for my main machine.) Now I have seen this on her website, and did not have the nerve to try it. She fixed it on the spot. Boy, what a difference! I could see better and had much improved control.
    I spent yesterday modifying my darning foot according to her YouTube demonstration. I got the cuts made to convert the clear plastic into an "open toe". That is a vast improvement. But when it came to eliminating the hopping, I got into big trouble and had to undo the bending of the metal pin at the top. And the elastic hair band only made everything worse. If the foot doesn't hop up, I can't smoothly move my quilt sandwich under the foot. The fabric catches and drags on the underside of the toe. I did sand it smooth after cutting it, so it isn't that. It's the spring applying downward pressure. I don't see a way to modify my pressure on the presser foot. So I had to bend the metal pin as straight as I could and reinsert it.

You mention seeing better so I'm wondering if she stopped at cutting open the toe. Did she bend your pin back and rubber band it? Thanks!