Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a day!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a day!!!!!

Had a fender bender before I even got out of the driveway. DH left his truck out last night, I saw it sitting there because he drove the PT to work. I proceed to back my car out of the garage and "crunch" ooops.....his truck was in the way. I pulled away from the truck and got out to take a look.....no damage that I could see to the truck. No damage that I could see to the car.

Every time I had to make a stop, on my way to work, and then start back up I heard a little rattle coming from the back of the car. I parked at work and decided to look....nope nothing on the back. I walked around to the passenger side and OMG....I have to have the rear quarter panel replaced. Our insurance will pay for it, even the deductible (that good driver's stuff we have is paying off).

Then at work - the network guy was there fixing stuff. Well at about noon I noticed I wasn't connected to the network or internet. Took him 3 hours to figure out what was wrong....well sort of....he still doesn't know for sure, thinks it's my Ethernet cable. He connected me up wireless, for now.

So tonight I am not going to my sewing room. I will play Free Cell and terrorize FB & the forum LOL
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What a day!!!!!

Ewwwwww, that just made me cringe in reading the "crunch" part, Lordy, like the second Monday of the week, ya know? So sorry, and thank goodness for "I'm older and have better insurance girls!" Think your "plan" for the evening has total merit! I'd throw something out the door tomorrow morning girl before even setting foot to ground, just to make sure there aren't any leftover gremlins about!!!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You wonder about days like that! Things seem to pile up like a black cloud is following you!
    Glad the car can be fixed and no one was hurt! You should eat ice cream or chocolate just because you deserve it!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but I started laughing at the OMG rear quarter panel part because I've been in that same situation. I noticed my rear turn light lens was busted out, then continued to look down after a bit, ended up having to have the whole rear quarter of the truck fixed because some dolt backed into me and left, so of course it was on my insurance. But the whole "didn't really see much at all at first" thing hit close to home. Sometimes I wish life went by those first looks, ya know?
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another one who can hang their head - done that one. Someone borrowed Al's truck and left it parked outside the garage - not his usual parking spot. Open the garage door, put it it park and WHAM!

I'd stay away from the sewing machine, too!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a good day to start off the day. Glad the insurance is paying for all of it.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

that was one of the reasons why we started backing into the garage. Too many close calls.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

He put his truck in the garage tonight......completely out of my way LOL
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry but the major thing you were not hurt...however wise to stay away from sewing machine. And most important rotary. Cutter. Hope tomorrow. Is a better. Day

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dontcha wish you could get an auto alert, a text, anything... sent to you ahead of time so you can call in sick or something??
    "A sucky day is forecast for today, please be advised you should stay indoors, home from work, and avoid all things electrical, mechanical, or motorized..."
    Sure would make life easier.

Sorry for the bummer day but glad you are ok.
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....