Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Juki TL2010Q

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juki TL2010Q

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Lady View Post
    I switched the needle to a Topstitch 14/90 and the fraying stopped. I had tried universal and microtex without success. Thank you so much!
    I tried the larger needle, but I decided before I go back to dealer, I am going to go through trouble shooting one more time. I will reclean, rethread, start the tension over, etc. just cant believe it was working perfectly up till now. I have done nothing different. UGH
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to find a site where people give their experiences with their Juki. I have had mine for 2 1/2 years, absolutely love it, but have found some of the same troubles as others (couldn't get the threader to work, thread fraying and breaking, occasional needle breakage with fmq). I appreciate all the trouble shooting tips others have shared, with this new information, will try to work the automatic threader today. I think some of you have mentioned Leah Day having information on her site with adjusting thread, needles, techniques to help with the thread fray/breakage scenarios. She has other tips that are specific to adapt her Juki for fmq as well. I just found the Crafty Gemini's five series videos on how to set up and use the Juki for fmq as well, very basic, but a few good tips I didn't know or forgot, so worth the view for non-experts. Ultimately I had to tighten my bobbin tension, it had loosened over time and it fixed my tension issues that had been so frustrating. Only 1/8-1/4 turn was enough. Thanks a lot all!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Since I'm a Pfaffie from way back -
    We had classes on things to do with bobbins - like ribbon work, bobbin embroidery, you name it. We always had 2 cases. One was left at factory, and the other was to be messed with.

Bobbin is one of the first things I'll check. I've had the adjusting screw work loose from machine vibration (not on the Juki). I've found a bigger difference in quilting threads than in sewing thread. I think Superior had a very good bobbin thread for machine embroidery and you didn't change the bobbin for any top thread. But with quilting thread even the same weight of thread can behave differently between 2 brands. I'm thinking of trying a gauge. The old method of "drop the bobbin" doesn't seem to be as reliable any more.

Trying to get 2 different colors top and bottom to play nice is the pits!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I did buy the Towa Bobbin L Tension gauge. I was very close using the drop the bobbin method, but adjusting even the 3 or 4 ticks it was off helped with 2 color threads.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the Juki 2010Q and have read all these replies, I am sure they will all help when I am able to sit and play. I counted 22 Juki Owners so that makes me happy if I have troubles. I finally got it out of the box (bought last week) and it sits happily on my table until I can get it over to the frame but that will have to wait until Dad gets home from the hospital (tomorrow hopefully) and then some. Not sure what game plan my sisters and I are going to come up with to stay with him for a bit.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

For the auto needle threader, make sure your needle is raised as high as it will go. You may have to turn the handwheel and raise it higher than the "needle up/down" button takes it. Also, it won't work good with a needle smaller than a size 12 unless the needle has a larger eye like a topstitch needle.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgelpi View Post
    Nice to find a site where people give their experiences with their Juki. I have had mine for 2 1/2 years, absolutely love it, but have found some of the same troubles as others (couldn't get the threader to work, thread fraying and breaking, occasional needle breakage with fmq). I appreciate all the trouble shooting tips others have shared, with this new information, will try to work the automatic threader today. I think some of you have mentioned Leah Day having information on her site with adjusting thread, needles, techniques to help with the thread fray/breakage scenarios. She has other tips that are specific to adapt her Juki for fmq as well. I just found the Crafty Gemini's five series videos on how to set up and use the Juki for fmq as well, very basic, but a few good tips I didn't know or forgot, so worth the view for non-experts. Ultimately I had to tighten my bobbin tension, it had loosened over time and it fixed my tension issues that had been so frustrating. Only 1/8-1/4 turn was enough. Thanks a lot all!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I found the same thing. The needle needs to be turned to highest point by hand to get it to work. If it doesn't work the first time keep trying and maybe just lower the needle ever so slightly until you get it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine set up, finally. Ironed 2 pieces of older fabric to practice on, sewed leftover pieces of batting together and then tried to figure out my notes on how to put all 3 of them on the frame. I need to watch the video again. Ugh.
    If I could 'see' ahead of time how it's supposed to be pinned on, it would be so much easier. But, unfortunately I have never had that ability.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish