Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Juki TL2010Q

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juki TL2010Q

The only thread my Juki hates is the invisible thread. Breaks it every time. I guess the machine is just too strong for it. No problem with any other thread.

My needle treader worked until I had to change needles. Has not worked since. Oh well.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got all the problems but the crooked foot taken care of. The 2 quilting feet were just stiff. Worked them off the machine by squeezing the springs and now all is well.

Now I'm looking forward to playing with it. I have some techniques I want to play with before I assemble a quilt.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies for all the insight on this machine I've got mine coming hopefully at the end of this week and it was great to read all your tips and tricks! I've got a couple Bionic Bags as well as finishing up the FMQ on a quilt that I can't way to do on my new machine
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you! Great that you are researching as much as you can before you buy. Enjoy it.

The store is getting me another foot, and I have the demo foot until mine comes in.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a new Juki TL2010Q and played with it all day yesterday. My 1/4 inch foot and lines are accurate and I tried FMQ, used invisible thread, did some piecing, and things went pretty well. I have two questions.

1. The walking foot works but if I go very fast at all it makes a lot of noise. The stitches are still nice but I don't like to hear the machine making so much racket. It sounds just like my Singer sounds when the bobbin thread is making a nest on the back, even though that's not happening with the Juki. Is this normal or do you think there is a problem? If so, what is it?

2. Does anyone use this machine or another one with a side-loading bobbin in a sewing table with a custom made insert? I was planning to get a sewing cabinet and an insert because having the surface be totally flat would be better even than having the large extension that comes with the machine. Plus I'm short and my chair only goes so high! My question is, do you have trouble loading the bobbin with the machine down in a table? Do you reach underneath, or just stick your fingers down into the bobbin cabinet from above?

Thanks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mine sets on top of the table, but I just raised my chair to compensate. I'd like it in my table, but since I swap back and forth between different machines that all have different footprints, I just live with it on the tabletop.

My walking foot does that too! I hooked it up once and it sounded like the clickity clack of an old train so I took it off and have never used it again! Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading the manual and it says (a) to reduce the presser foot pressure when using the walking foot and (b) to go at a medium speed.

I did not try (a) and (b) is what caused me the problem so I guess I will just need to slow down!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, maybe I should read that too!!!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When using the walking foot on the Juki, you have to reduce the presser foot pressure a lot. There is a square symbol at the top of the "presser foot pressure gauge" window. The hand should be at that square.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    When using the walking foot on the Juki, you have to reduce the presser foot pressure a lot. There is a square symbol at the top of the "presser foot pressure gauge" window. The hand should be at that square.
    Thanks!! I too tried the walking foot yesterday on my new machine and got worried over the noise it was making. I will make a note to reduce the pressure foot setting and then take it down a notch on the speed.
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~