Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilts by Me Question

This QBM thing has me totally confused. What was wrong with posting to Show-and-Tell and creating an album? I guess I just don't get it.

Quilter's Rules:
    #1 Buy fabric - no matter how much you already have.
    #2 Sew all day and all night - no cooking allowed.
    #3 Start a new quilt before the last one is finished - must return to #1.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

In browsing through the pics, I think most, if not all, of them have been posted in albums here. I think only quilts should be posted on QBM, not pics of people.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Right, and we're trying to build a community of people interested in quilting but who might be intimidated at being a part of a forum. Plus if we can put quilts on there, and categorize them right, we will show them as inspiration for tutorials as we finish building out the new version of QuiltingTutorials.com, but we don't have that insight into which pics are which quilts on the forum, on QBM we will

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Right, and we're trying to build a community of people interested in quilting but who might be intimidated at being a part of a forum. Plus if we can put quilts on there, and categorize them right, we will show them as inspiration for tutorials as we finish building out the new version of QuiltingTutorials.com, but we don't have that insight into which pics are which quilts on the forum, on QBM we will
    In Groups several "libraries" were started a couple years ago for each tutorial that people had done.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    In Groups several "libraries" were started a couple years ago for each tutorial that people had done.
    I need to get it programmatically, the forum won't give me access via API, otherwise that would have been an awesome solution

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That figures. It would have been too easy if you could have imported the ones that were already posted in specific categories here.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Are we to only put in pics that Jenny has done tutorials on? Which is fine with me because I think that's mostly what I make anyway. Do you want us to only post those that have to do with TBT?
    Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Brook, quilts can be other than what Jenny has shown us to do.

TBT? Throw back Thursday?

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Brook, quilts can be other than what Jenny has shown us to do.

TBT? Throw back Thursday?
    I thought on throw back Thurs. she (they) would post a style of quilt and ask people to put a pic of their own quilt that matched the Thurs. pattern. Since I haven't seen TBT quilts on the blog lately I don't post anything on QBM. Please let me know if that is how it is, or not.
    Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I thought on throw back Thurs. she (they) would post a style of quilt and ask people to put a pic of their own quilt that matched the Thurs. pattern. Since I haven't seen TBT quilts on the blog lately I don't post anything on QBM. Please let me know if that is how it is, or not.
    On Quilts By Me you can post any quilt that you want to that you have made. If it was from one of Jenny's tutorials, then you can link to that in the information when you are uploading your project. If it isn't, don't worry. There are a lot of quilts that aren't "Jenny" quilts on the site. You could be posting pictures of all the charity quilts you have done.

It doesn't matter when or what day. That's probably why your TBT confused me.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.