Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quilt shops in/around Nashville, TN?

Howdy all,

Wiggles had a good Easter and he hopes you did too.

We spent part of our Easter weekend turning our entire life upside down. I have not been happy at my current job for quite some time and decided we needed a change. I had applied for a new position in Nashville, TN (we currently live in Maryland) and I got an interview. The interview late last week turned into a job offer and now we are relocating to the Volunteer State!

We are excited as my mom and both Tab's parents live in Knoxville so we'll be 3 hours away rather than the 9-ish we are currently. [Free grandparent babysitting!] The new job will make me a lot happier as it is more in line with my passion for horticulture than my current greenhouse management job. We will have to get rid of the chickens and quail as we are moving back to an apartment but at least it has a pool and is adjacent to a nice greenway trail so me and Wiggles can walk and swim this summer.

Tab's boss has agreed to let her tele-work until baby #2 arrives then take her maternity leave (which is actually just her remaining sick leave balance) then she will have to find a new job. I don't think she'll have too much trouble though as she has a couple of college degrees and her expertise in data analysis and statics are broadly applicable.

We also found a nice daycare which is almost walking distance from our apartment for Sawyer. I'm honestly not sure we can afford to stay there once B2 arrives but it'll be nice and give me a chance to get both kids on the waiting lists for some more affordable daycare options (such as the one at my new employer).

Anyway, if anyone knows of any good quilt shops in the greater Nashville area (or if any of our forum members are local) please let me know.
    Loosely based on a true story.

2. Thanks auntynell thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilt shops in/around Nashville, TN?

Depending on where you apartment is I'm about 90 minutes south of you in Elkmont Al. So if you get to missing the country too much you can come down and visit us and the critters.
    I haven't explored Nashville yet for Quilt shops but again there are a few down here in the Athens and Huntsville Al area.
    Good luck in the relocation.
    Take care,
    Susan
    Susan Davis
    Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the new job, Ryan. Family is so important, it will be wonderful to be closer to yours. I hope you find a good home for the chickens and quail. I will sure miss pictures of Sawyer playing with the chickens.

Good luck on your new adventure. There are lots of good things happening in the Cooper household!!!!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

If the will help,Sewing & Quilt Shops by State Directory

call the shops number to make sure they are still an open shop.
    Of course, MO * is open 24/7

Happy Quilting
    Last edited by DanielaK; April 7th, 2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: bcz
    Happy Quilting
    Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

6. Thanks quiltnforfun thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Ryan. It's so miserable to be in a job you don't like. Sawyer looks so happy in your picture.
    Mary

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so very excited for you . . . all four of you! Making a big change always takes special planning, but knowing you'll finally be in a position doing what you love is worth it all. Hope you like Country Music!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your new job and with your relocation. It sounds like a good move for you and your family. The nice thing is that you don't have to move' from the forum!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Tennessee! We're so glad to have you. I'm not familiar with Nashville shops except Stitchers Garden in Franklin. But when you come to visit Grandma, there are many! My favorites: Pappy's Quilting Place in Maryville, Iva's and Cherry Pit in Sevierville, Gina's and Mammaws Thimble in Knoxville. Smoky Mountain Quilters Show will be in May at Maryville College, and the AQS Show in Chattanooga in September.

Good luck on your move. Let me know when you're coming my way. I'll meet y'all for lunch somewhere.

Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The very best of luck to you in your new position.
    I really like the Nashville area, it is not all that far from Paducah with the granddaddy Hancock's of Paducah. I know you will be happy to be closer to grand parents as I am sure they are thrilled with your move.
    I was delighted to see Wiggles picture, he is such a ray of sunshine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ryan, Congrats on the new job. Tennessee is such a pretty state.

Here's the link to a quilt shop we visited in Franklin, TN........just south of Nashville. My brother lives in that area.....so of course I looked for a quilt shop while visiting them. The people in the shop were very friendly but let me look without following me. We went in the fall and they had a whole room up nothing but Christmas fabrics! It was hard not to go nuts in that room! They seemed to have a nice selection of traditional & modern prints.

The Quilting Squares Quilt Shop

https://www.facebook.com/TheQuiltingSquares?fref=ts

On a side note......if you're looking for a good place to eat check out this place.

https://www.facebook.com/puckettsfra...98845296873149
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?