Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first applique

Prairie Pointer

Nashville, TN and where our airstream takes us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default first applique

[attachment=0:309relto]appliquequilt.jpg[/attachment:309relto]

this is my first real applique project and forth quilt. Just a top right now. Traveling in the RV right now (in a snowstorm), so no room to sandwich and quilt it.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: first applique

nice job. i have not done applique yet. i look forward todo so one day... looks very nice!
    gina from grand rapids.
    all the best
    Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just breathtaking! Love the colors. Did you hand sew it or do you have a sewing machine in your RV?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a machine in the RV...

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

You did a really good job on it! I wouldn't have know it was you first one if you wouldn't have told us. What a wonderful eye for color you have. It is most definitely not a boring quilt. It is my kind of quilt. Have you chosen the backing and binding fabrics yet? Thank you for sharing it with us.

I have not done any applique quilts YET. I will one day when my to do list gets shorter. Lately, it has just been growing longer. Like yesterday, my neighbor came up to borrow a cup of milk because she forgot to plug her refrigerator into the generator during our most recent weather related power outage. She saw the new curtains I made for my kitchen and decided she wanted some too. Her husband owns a sewing machine and he does repairs and altering on their clothes. But, she doesn't know how to sew at all. She asked me if I would make her curtains for her house. Of course I told her no. But I told her that I would teach her how to make them for her house. I know it would probably be alot faster if I would just make them for her, but how is she going to learn how to sew if someone doesn't teach her? Maybe if she likes sewing, then one day I can get her quilting. It worked for another one of my neighbors. :twisted: Hee Hee, am I bad or what? One neighbor down, another one in the works, which neighbor is next to get bit by the quilting bug I am spreading? :twisted:

:?: Just out of curiosity, where are you traveling? :?:
    My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful! I love how the black makes all the other color come alive. Your applique is wonderful!
    patti
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice and I love all the colors... they pop... Wendi

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

That flower almost blends perfectly! What a great combination of fabrics! Good job!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I really like how this turned out. It would be great without the applique, too, but that really gives it a extra wow!

Nice job!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FunkiQuilter
    :?: Just out of curiosity, where are you traveling? :?:
    My husband is a controls engineer, so he has to be where the projects are. We own an airstream RV (those cute silver ones) and live in it while he's on out of town projects.

Right now we're in NW Arkansas near the Missouri/Oklahoma border. You can catch up with me through my blogs... I write four (yes, I am a geek :shock: ). Lois is a pseudonym I write under. http://www.loiscreates.com

Thanks for the love. My goal is to try to learn advanced techniques this year (versus sewing squares and rectangles).