Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: First "adult sized" quilt

Your quilt looks great! Your Sis will love it for sure. Thanks for posting!

2. Thanks sparke13 thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work! It looks great and I'm sure she'll love it!
    "Character" is a great way to put it. As this is your very first "adult" quilt just be rpoud you achieved what you did and don't fall into the comparison trap!
    A little reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGyYSJhk0QA

4. Thanks sparke13 thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

What a great video! Thank you for sharing. It's like she was reading my mind when she spoke about comparing yourself to the other guild members during show and tell! I recently joined a guild and I'm taking it to our meeting tonight. I had already started to get nervous about the fact that someone was sure to bring something far more impressive. It's so funny how we let insecurity suck the joy out of things! It was wonderful to read all the kind, supportive comments this morning. I'm feeling much more confident and proud of my work. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidiho View Post
    Excellent work! It looks great and I'm sure she'll love it!
    "Character" is a great way to put it. As this is your very first "adult" quilt just be rpoud you achieved what you did and don't fall into the comparison trap!
    A little reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGyYSJhk0QA

6. Thanks Heidiho thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone!!! Reading your comments was a fantastic way to start my day. When I logged on this morning I was shocked and grateful to see how many people took the time to write.

You have all been so warm and supportive. What a confidence booster! I'm so glad I joined this community.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, nice job
    Julie

9. Thanks sparke13 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is a beautiful quilt. I love your pattern and fabrics. I know your sister will love this!

11. Thanks sparke13 thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's beautiful

13. Thanks sparke13 thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparke13 View Post
    I'm so glad I joined this community.
    Me too!
    Compared to so many forums (especially when it's men discussing mechanical issues) I haven't seen any putting others down, just encouragement and praise. That's wonderful, isn't it?

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heidiho View Post
    Me too!
    Compared to so many forums (especially when it's men discussing mechanical issues) I haven't seen any putting others down, just encouragement and praise. That's wonderful, isn't it?
    Absolutely. The internet is full of trolls, or people who feel comfortable being very harsh with others based on very little information. I have to say, quilters have really set the bar high when it comes to being a supportive community, both in person and on the internet!

I took the quilt to my guild meeting and to my dismay I realized that there would be a "parade" of all the winners from our recent quilt show. But I showed anyway and bless these ladies (and one man) they oohed and ahhed, asked me questions about it over the break, shared techniques that they thought I would like based on what they saw in this quilt, and generally just oozed positivity. Even a woman from a visiting guild took time to come over and congratulate me on my first "big girl quilt." (After I typed that I realized it could be read as sarcastic but it was really very sweet).

I don't consider myself young anymore but I would say that I'm on the young end of the spectrum within my guild. I wish more women in my age range had the opportunity to be a part of a group that is purely about sharing enjoyment and celebrating each others accomplishments.

I left feeling very pleased with my quilt and full of ideas for my next quilt(s). I also feel like I'm getting a really important remedial course on how to be genuinely supportive of other women, both in person and online.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure your sister will love it and treasure it especially because of its character and the love that pieced it. Beautiful job

17. Thanks sparke13 thanked for this post