Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default * Brief Update *

Just wanted to give a brief update ~ I think last time I posted I still had more chemo to go through. I did make it through the final chemo sessions although it was very difficult and I was very sick with multiple side effects. Many of those have resolved but I am still struggling with major body aches, fatigue, numbness in fingers and toes, and especially pain, itching, and tingling in my incisions and under my arms. This past week I began infusions of a single drug targeted therapy (will be every three weeks, through portacatheter in chest) which, since it specifically targets cancer cells, is not supposed to have as many side effects. I did have some side effects specifically from the infusion but they were milder than from the 3-drug chemo and only lasted about a day. On Monday I see my oncologist and I believe he will start the aromatase-inhibitor pills (one a day for 5 years) which the nurse says have a side effect of joint pain (among others). This past week I also had a MUGA scan (heart test) to check for heart damage from the chemo and to be sure I can continue with infusions (one possible side effect is heart damage). I have NO stamina (little efforts wear me out) and I believe I am quite depressed as I cry a lot. I think about last summer when I was happily working on my son's wedding quilt not knowing what was ahead. I grieve my old life and old self and it seems that I will never feel or be healthy again. Soon I will have to go back to work (starting with part-time) and I am very anxious about that. I check the forum every night on my phone when I am in bed and enjoy the gallery and "new posts." My hair is just starting to grow in; it is very fine (like baby hair) and is "fuzzy" rather than straight (there is also a lot more gray in it). Of course my head still looks mostly bald. I think if I weren't in constant pain across my chest and under my arms I would be coping better. I think I need to realize that I actually am NOT having many of the full-chemo side effects that were completely debilitating and I do need to concentrate on that rather than all of the things that are still problematic. Everything just seems so overwhelming though. I appreciate the positive thoughts and prayers that I know are still being said as well as everything that everyone has done for me (it has truly been amazing). I still need prayers if anyone is so inclined ~ thank you! <3 Happy sewing to all; if you are healthy try to realize what a wonderful gift that is; if you haven't had your annual mammogram please do so.

Marci

2. Thanks auntynell thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: * Brief Update *

You have been through it, for sure, but are bravely moving forward. So glad the forum can be a refuge for you. You are still in my prayers for a complete recovery.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and hugs to you.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you how bad I feel to hear of anyone having to battle cancer. I know we are not supposed to ask why this happens to anybody but I just don't get it. I am so sorry you are sick and having to go through this. I will keep you in my prayers for added strength and a full recovery.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I wish I could give you a 'reality hug' instead of a 'cyber hug'! I know in my darkest times health wise how you can turn to despair, but as I have survived my struggles I'm sure you will soon be in the light at the end of the tunnel - hang in there and plan for what will be your first sign that you are in the light! Baby steps, but steps nonetheless . . . be strong! Will keep praying for you and God Bless!
    NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
    ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
    ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
    ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
    ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
    "B"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping the prayers going for you, Marci. Sending lots of warm fuzzies and good healing thoughts.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marci-you are amazing. Even when you are feeling bad, you can stop and give us an update. There are lots of us on your side who are lifting you up for divine healing. Look how much is behind you and take hope in those lights that are starting to shine down at the end of the tunnel.
    Hugs
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to hear from you, and I'm praying you will feel better soon...lots of love, Kim

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are still in my prayers. God bless & keep you on your road to recovery.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and hugs.