Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Update on yesterdays "Bad Day"

I used to live just south of Asheville and would give anything to be able to move back to the area. It's wonderful, I miss it terribly and it's one of the two places that I call home.
    It sounds like it will be a terrific move for all of them.
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to the forum but just read about your daughter moving to Asheville for a much better job and how hard that is for you to have her and her family so far away. I have three children who moved far away also (Hong Kong, Canada and Virginia), each for a much better job and living opportunity (I never told them they could do that!). It was much better for them and I just learned to be ready to put on my traveling shoes, pack my bag and head to the airport (no one is within driving distance). It's an adjustment but you can do it! As others have mentioned, there are many things to do and see on your way to Asheville and many, many quilt shops to visit. That's all good! 6 1/2 hours is not too far to go. You will have a wonderful area to explore with your family once they are settled. Exciting things are in your future. It's fine to have tears looking ahead to the"good-bye" but there's so much sunshine to look forward too also! Hope you don't mind a few words from a mom who has done this same thing a few times herself. I'll be thinking of you as you and your daughter (and family) make plans for her new adventure.

3. Thanks cindyinohio thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you are feeling better about her move as it sounds like it's a healthy one that will make her happy. Change is always difficult. Keep us posted on how things go. xox

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cindyinohio...I am only an hour from Asheville if you ever want to come see Cosby, TN...we have a really cute LQS!! Would love to show it to you!

"May there always be work for your hands to do"