Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: It's here!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's here!

Congratulations! I know you are one happy lady! I have been asking the hubby for one of these...He said we really needed one too, for storing the lawn mower and four wheeler! Not what I had in mind! Lol!

2. Thanks tnmtgrl thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Great space for you! I am sure you will enjoy getting it setup just like you want with everything organized to have at your fingertips. Those lofts will be great for batting and stash. Have fun!
    Beth

4. Thanks tnmtgrl thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Loving this little quilt shack! I am sure this will bring you many days of happiness. Enjoy!

6. Thanks tnmtgrl thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much everyone...I wish you ALL could have one too. I know that I am very, very lucky to have a DH that worked his rear off for years so that one day I could do this...believe me I know. It's been a very long time since I have been this happy and I think it is scaring me a little, I keep waiting for something to pull the rug out from under me. Know what I mean?? Anyway. .. I am reading all your comments and really enjoying all of them, they have made me laugh...thank you. Well, I have to go...I am painting my sewing table that my DH made me....it's only taken me a year.....the weather is perfect for it. I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

"May there always be work for your hands to do"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jen, I can hear all the excitement in your messages. It really looks like a great space. Don't forget that you helped DH get to this place in life, he didn't do it all by himself. It is great that he is giving you this opportunity. Tell him that he did a great job on making you happy. Now get out that old crock pot and recipe book, cause that is what is going to be needed. LOL (truly a crockpot is a quilters second best friend) I use mine all the time. Have fun in your new Quilt Shack.

9. Thanks tnmtgrl thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Patty...yes I will be using my slow cooker a little more often cause you know where I am spending most of my time. I did promise him though that I would come out sometimes....ya right....but we'll see how it goes. I am leaving some cross-stitching in the house though just in case I go inside to watch tv with him cause I like to do needlework when I watch tv.

"May there always be work for your hands to do"

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so jealous. Every time I drive by these buildings I get that idea in my head, that maybe some day. I can't wait to see what you do with the interior.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

12. Thanks tnmtgrl thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Way cool! Please share more!and pics, lots of pictures!

14. Thanks tnmtgrl thanked for this post
    Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 12 x24 building built near my house (we live in the country)The only thing I wish I had a bathroom. It never fails when I go out there I need the bath room. I have my quilt frame and all my industrial machines out there. It is heated and air conditioned by a unit in the wall.

16. Thanks tnmtgrl thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh- love your new space! I bet it won't be long before you find out you need it larger - haha! Once I got everything downstairs in my new quilt room last summer, I told DH he should have made it larger but I will work with what I have. If you don't want to put a permanent heater in there, those small space heaters work great.
    Here's to many happy hours out there - can't wait for more photos when you have it all set up inside.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

18. Thanks tnmtgrl thanked for this post