Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Day

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Day

I haven't been on here for a while...Hope everyone is doing good.
    I am having a bad day and just needed to vent.
    Daughter announced this morning they are moving to Asheville NC...about 6 hrs away. Before you say ahhhh....she's 43 yrs old!!! She isn't real thrilled about it but got a job offer doubling her salary. It's been in the works for a few weeks and I've been praying heavily on it but that doesn't make it any easier.
    Every thing I have touched today has gone wrong....poured fabric softener in the detergent dispenser...had to syphon that out. Got letters in the mail where my husbands med. and disability ins is messed up. Afraid to to quilt room....hard to tell what damage I'll do there!
    So trying hard not to just go sit in a corner and blubber!!! Could use a hug!
    WHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bad Day

So sorry for the day you are having. When my daughter told me she was moving to Atlanta 2 years ago, it ruined my day big time. And it was Easter Sunday when I was cooking the big family dinner! I know you are distracted by this, and the insurance mail doesn't help. Just try to relax a bit and sometimes blubbering helps!

3. Thanks cindyinohio thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) Cindy. Sometimes that's all we need.
    I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    Remember - since she will be 6 hours away and if you can travel (summer is coming), think of all the quilt shops you can hit on the way there and back. That's what I plan to do when I travel to North Carolina this summer (I hope.)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

5. Thanks cindyinohio thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blubber away! Sometimes that's the best thing to do to clear the mind and soul. I do sympathize with you, though. When my DS Tim moved from NH to TX I was very sad. It's hard when our "babies" move away, no matter how old they are!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

7. Thanks cindyinohio thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give you hugs,but I will have to say six hours is a blessing. My dad didn't see my second dd for the first time in six years because we couldn't afford to go with four people.

And don't say it's paradise, not eveything is just beacuse of sunny weather.

Lorie

9. Thanks cindyinohio thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

it sure is life changing, but sometimes I feel like I did too good a job raising my sons. I taught them to be independent young men and darned if they didn't do that. LOL Oldest lives in Alabama, 11 hours away, and the other moved to DC a few years ago, 6 hours away.
    When the youngest moved I had to "give him permission". He was staying here because his brother was already so far away and who would be here for us. That made me cry. I told him I did not "want " him to move so far away, but he had to live his life for him and we would be fine. He was 34 at the time.
    Everything has worked out fine, and 6 hours is a nice trip. Lots of new things to see and do in that area. And we are both fine
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

In the grand scheme of things 6 hours isn't that bad. Also, you didn't accidentally put liquid hand soap on your toothbrush, so it could have been worse.

It's Monday, stay safe, tomorrow will be here soon.

And tell your daughter congrats on the new job and pay raise. In this day and age that is really very, very good.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	104269

If you need to blubber ... Then go ahead it helps...
    Christine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cry if you need to, however be grateful she has a job, i am sure is hard on her. And i agree that was not. Toothbrush. Best thing is to find you to distract you . cleaning sewing room , i do this turn on music loud. Nothing like old rock or i also listen to book on tape while i do it. Hugs to you

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
    So sorry to hear you are feeling down, hope things brighten up for you soon.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!