• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marytfnp
    Batting Beauty
    • Mar 2014

Costume Design!

I have been helping sew dance costumes for my daughter's HS orchesis . It is so much fun helping the girls learn to sew. THis year I have branched into costume design. This costume was for "Lead us not" . THe girls had an idea, and the teacher had ideas and district modesty requirements.

The top and the belly band go all the way around. The half dress has a 1 inch seam allowance and the bands were attached at the mid-line and at the seam allowances. It was perfect for the dance. They showed the flowy fabric side more before taking a bite from the apple and the strappy side after . The dress , even though secure, just fell away.
    Thanks for looking ! [

Mary

ATTACH=CONFIG]103751[/ATTACH]IMGP3175.jpgIMGP3182.jpg
    Attached Files
  • sew-what2014
    Applique Angel
    • Dec 2014

Re: Costume Design!

So creative! You are very talented.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

How cool! Your costumes are beautiful! I'm a costume designer also! Isn't it fun making a whole bunch of the same thing? Not!

Comment

• Suzyq
        The Guild President
        • Apr 2012

Wow, these are neat...very striking! I too love making Halloween costumes.

Comment

• marytfnp
          Batting Beauty
          • Mar 2014

Jean there are 17 dancers.. after 8hours on the pattern our time at the school with 6 parent machines was over so I set up 4 in my dining room and had the girls come over and we all worked together. Took about 6 hours and one very sore tongue ss my patience began to fade...

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by marytfnp View Post
            Jean there are 17 dancers.. after 8hours on the pattern our time at the school with 6 parent machines was over so I set up 4 in my dining room and had the girls come over and we all worked together. Took about 6 hours and one very sore tongue ss my patience began to fade...
            Good for you helping them to sew their own costumes! Great learning experience!

Comment

Working...
            X