Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Wedding Ring Quilts

Yikes! I got 2 nieces who got engaged within a couple of months and now they both want double wedding ring quilts.

What is the fastest method of this said 'devil wedding ring' quilt (as my quilting neighbor puts it as she is making one too).

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Double Wedding Ring Quilts

I am making one and I am using this pattern by Eleanor Burns. Nouveau Wedding Ring Quilt: Eleanor Burns Signature Quilt Pattern 735272012986 735272012986 - Quilt in a Day Books
    She also has a video on you tube for this one. It's applique. I love it because you don't have all those pieces to sew together and it looks just as beautiful. I know some people don't like it because it's applique but it's pretty easy. Also, some people say it's not a "real" double wedding ring because of the method that it is made. So of course it's up to you, but I can highly recommend this pattern.
    Here is a link to the video. The way she talks gets on my nerves after awhile... Lol....but there's lots of info in this video.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLGZ7_qUgxo
    Last edited by Madeforyouinma11; March 10th, 2015 at 06:08 PM.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Fast and double wedding ring quilt....no such thing. There is a ruler/template called Simple Curves. I have a partially finished quilt using it....it may never get finished and I will never use the template again. The method is not precise enough for all the pieces to fit together nicely.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have the accuquilt die & really like it. There are notches built in that make everything match up perfectly.
    There are 3 kinds of men
    The one who learns by reading
    The few who learn by observation
    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence themselves
    Will Rogers

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. Harry S Truman

Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 'Rings That Bind' method/book/template----have tried a couple w/out the success I would like! And to think my great-grandmother & grandmother did these by hand w/out all the tools! I don't know of any fast method, but will be watching this thread just in case someone knows of one...
    Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

QuiltSmart has a fusible interfacing to make the double wedding quilts faster. I have no idea how fast that is, two in a short amount of time seems like quite a challenge!

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I've done the Metro Rings pattern which is pretty similar to a traditional Double Wedding Ring and it was quite easy to do – at least compared to the traditional method

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Kay Woods had a guest on and she did a double wedding ring looked fairly easy she blocks then sewed them together to make the double wedding ring it was interesting it was on YouTube hope this helps

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Kay Woods video is with the person that came up with the Rings that Bind. I also have the book/template but have never had enough nerve to try it. The video looks so easy, the book, not so much. I was interested to see that I was right about it not being quite as breezy as it seems.
    The Go version I have seen seems to not have the small trapezoids in the arcs but is just one piece, is that what yours is?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerhut View Post
    I've done the Metro Rings pattern which is pretty similar to a traditional Double Wedding Ring and it was quite easy to do – at least compared to the traditional method
    I was going to suggest Metro Rings too with the Quick Curves Ruler. I"m working on it right now and having a demo day this Saturday at the shop. It's as simple as sewing 5, 2 1/2" strips together, using the ruler to cut arcs and it's done.

There are a few tutorials on how to use the template.