Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ah Thursday you have arrived

Good morning. Soooooo it is another bitter cold morning here. -30C brrrrrrr

Spring is coming I heard, but I think it is taking the slow boat from China.

I am on a liquid diet until tomorrow. Do you know how hard it is NOT to eat. Tummy is grumbling a little. Today I have to drink 4L (that is about 17 cups) of stuff and stay close to the porcelain throne. What a great day I have in store (sarcasm here). Yesterday I ended up going back to bed at about 9:30 or so and slept until noon. WHAT? I never do that.

I did work on the baby quilt that I need finished by Saturday. It is almost done.

So on that note, have a fabulous day friends. Safe travels for those going somewhere, stay warm for those in the cold.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ah Thursday you have arrived

Ah, poor Monique.. Alas, I know what your are going thru. At least we have the modern conveniences and don't have to visit the out house anymore ; ).

Checked in for the DD and bought it with more - never can have too much fabric, Right? M* has got to stop having such great fabric.. I never can resist their layer cakes. That's like 4 charm packs and 2 jelly rolls.??

Wash day for me and then I can get into the sewing room. I have a little project cut out for Gifting, and then I need to get the border put together for my Hunter Star quilt. Using left over fabric/ stash fabric in hopes I can get a quilt big enough for a twin size bed. This is a test quilt so I don't wanna go buy any more batting or fabric to finish it.

I can never figure out just how much fabric to get for a large quilt.. so I just start in the middle and work my way out. It's a learning curve but I do enjoy the process. After all this is my HOBBY.

With 3 inches of new snow on the ground, I'm staying inside and close to a heater. Ya all take care if you have to be out in the weather..

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Monique that doesn't sound fun at all!

Hubby's birthday dinner was amazing topped off with a dessert out of this world!! What a great night. He enjoyed being surprised with his little wall hanging.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	102364
    Pic is the ginormous chocolate stampede dessert with soph and hubbs.

Weekend is just about here lots of sandwiching and thread shopping planned. I'm going to hand quilt most of the walking dead quilt and thanks to the awesome tutorial someone put up for rockin Lou I'm more confident.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Monique and all!

It is FREEZING cold here and the winds are howling and did so all night. Just Brrrrr! On a good note, it kept the coyotes from howling all night and ruffing up the fur kids.

No mouse yet but it did eat all the cheese from the traps. Hubs always uses peanut butter so not exactly sure why he went with cheese but now we have peanut butter.

Yesterday, I saw a "high speed" chase through my little bitty town. Some dude in a farm truck that couldn't go over 50 mph with two sheriff officers on his tale. He had that farm truck wide open. Couldn't stop laughing. They followed him for 6 miles before setting out the spike strips. Guess he tried to steal a vehicle out in the county but was unsuccessful. It was the highlight of my day.

I got my order from M* yesterday with the Bosal Innerform, dresden template, charms and a couple other things so I'm ready for a snowy sewing weekend.

Stay safe, warm and sending smiles and hugs!

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. A chilly morning here with the possibility of some light snow later on today. Won't amount to much of anything though.

Heading to work today. Got rid of a headache yesterday afternoon and dh cooked dinner for us so I didn't have to venture into the kitchen. Took a little nap on the couch. DS and granddog are here and so far, Boo is nice and calm. I was a bit concerned that because he had gotten into his "I'm nervous and I'm going to be pacing constantly and trying to get into places I can't really fit" mode that he would be a bit trying. But he isn't and is actually sound asleep. So is ds and I think that they both needed a good nights sleep without starting the day off with construction sounds next door and panic along with it. We are hoping construction is done by the time they go home this weekend.

Time to get this body moving. I really would rather stay home again but I've got a project I need to get done at work so off I go. Stay safe and warm everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amy your cute DD and DH are so enjoying digging into that huge dessert.
    Monique hope your fasting time goes quickly.
    Rest of the group - stay warm indoors!

I'm ready for the weekend but with No Snow please. Nothing much planned besides finishing top I'm working on and packing up more 'stuff' for Good Will. Beginning of the year DH and I decided we needed to clear out stuff from the garage but the freezing temps have hindered our progress so we're hoping for a warmer day to get out there and work at it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	11009121_611792355587925_6599104538662526694_n.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	102371

Hi ya Folksies

Slept in super duper late and then had to have two huge cups of coffee to warm me up. We have Mom up here, and she is still sleeping. Lots and lots and lots of snow and ice outside; fingers crossed for no power outage from the icing. It is really so very pretty to have the landscape painted so well. It really is a special feeling. Although Spring is calling my name, I may just have to make one more snow lady.

Monique, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Yuckie - poo. Saying extra prayers for you.
    Granny Judy, you've been on my mind - big hugs
    AmyR - love the pic with hubs and babygirl. Her bow is as big as she is. Gorgeous family!

I will try to check in later; off to make some 'nana bread and a fresh pot of joe.

Blessings, hugs, prayers and SMILES for everyone.

Name:	smile-quotes-010.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	102373
    Last edited by Blondie; February 26th, 2015 at 10:15 AM.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! Looks like a sunny morning here already, but still really cold. Although, Monique, nothing like you have up in Montreal. Today it is 8 F with a wind chill -10, and the thermometer isn't supposed to rise much throughout the day. And Friday another arctic front comes through. So today is a good day to get to the grocery store for a few things, and tomorrow will be a good day to do some baking.

Amy, such a sweet picture of Sophie and her dad. Glad the birthday was a success. Ginny, ok go to work if you must. Just make time for sewing fun later on. May, you inspire me with your tales of cleaning out your accumulation of "stuff". I cleaned a bunch out before I moved, but now that I am here I need to continue to weed out things. Slow and steady wins the race I guess. Carolyn, your low speed chase story is funny. Guess that's why we usually add the word 'stupid' in front of criminal, eh? Blondie, pamper your mama! Not that you need the suggestion, of course.

Not much going on here. Still dogsitting, but I am definitely ready for my friend to return home late Saturday. I'm going to finish up a quilt top I had packed away when I moved and get the borders on it for sure. I'm also working on a little wallhanging project for a Craftsy class I'm taking. And for some variety, I need to figure out what I want to make as a gift that will be coming up soon. I guess I like a smorgasbord of things to do, because I'm working on two books, too. Hey, it's retirement. I can do what I want and I have no one to account to for having my things out ready be picked up when the mood suits. Have a great day, everyone.
    Last edited by Midge; February 26th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all...Monique hope your day goes quick! I know it's not pleasant for sure. Amy such a cute pic.

Last night I met up with three ladies from my divorce support group at a pub in a nearby village. Very quaint and pretty good food. They have an arrangement with a small private theatre (very old) and do dinner and a movie nights! So you pay for your meal and get a movie pass with it! We saw the Theory of Everything and it was pretty good. Although I think all four of us had a wee cry when he and his wife separated. I couldn't sleep when I got home so am very tired today.

Tried to buy an aquarium off of a guy on kijiji...rudest person I have ever dealt with in my life and I told him so. Why post stuff there if you don't know how to deal with people!?

I'm at work today and my supervisor is gone for two days and left me nothing to do. She's still "weaning" me back into work which is really getting on my nerves. So..will have to try and keep busy. Going to be a very long two days! Stay warm and safe everyone! ((((HUGS))))

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning,

It's bitter cold (6 degrees), snowing and blowing. Miserable. The Girls agreed with me when we were out before daylight and they didn't waste a split second outdoors.

Monique, I hope you get a good report on your test. That's such yucky stuff to drink...hang in there. ((HUGS))

Amy, what a priceless picture of Soph and Daddy! I hope you got your share of that scrumptious dessert! Soph is such a doll!

I caved and ordered a kit from Connecting Threads yesterday...the Ob-La-Di Kit. The Splash line of fabric is designed by Alex Anderson and I love the greyed neutral colors...beautiful and so reasonable. If you got the March 2015 CT catalog, it's on pages 30-31.

Jeff is howling for his breakfast. Were running later than usual this morning in the food department.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday.