Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Santa is done

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Santa is done

He is wonderful. Do you do these for your self or for commissions? I don't have that kind of talent and would love to have one sitting on my hearth this Christmas.
    What is sticking out of the top of his head?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Santa is done

Hi Ladies,
    Thanks for the comments! I really do appreciate it. My family likes the stuff I do and I do sell occasionally locally and in the past online. But it is encouraging to hear from people who's opinions I truly value!

Sandy! You know me so very well. I DO talk to them but mostly I LISTEN to what each character tells me. I have been known to write a story to go along with dolls in the past - My DD does not like dolls at all, scares the snot out of her to have eyes looking at her - hehehe - and I could tell you stories about my middle son and the lifesize standing Santa I created in the basement during the time he lived at home in the basement. We had many giggles over his fear of seeing a person standing in the dark. I kept telling him to stop smoking that stuff! ha!

When I get finished with the others, I will post pics in my albums. I kind of hate taking up quilting space here for something so off subject. I enjoy the whole creating process and since I grow gourds, I dry them and then use them for the head base. I have also made several snow folk and santa lamps. They are always fun to create too.

So, Claire, that is part of the gourd handle and vine coming from his "hat".
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie that is one very cute Santa. I love painting faces on the ceramic pieces I do. You can give them any kind of expression or character you want them to have just by the way you paint their eyes. One thing I always look for in eyes that someone paints is the highlight. It is amazing what that little white dot can do, it brings the eyes to life. I remember in a previous post you mentioned using clay. What type of clay do you use. I have done several pieces with the ceramic fired clay and love working with it. If you used a guord I know you couldn't use that type, but you did a great job on him. I love the texture to his face too.
    Mary
    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mary
    I generally have use Paper Clay in the past. I have started making my own paper mache clay type of stuff. I don't have a formula, just mix a bunch of gook together to get the consistency I like for sculpting and molding. I have never done ceramics. I used to want to do ceramics so badly but nowhere to learn. That is why I am such a make do kind of person. It is fun to make lemonade.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

He turned out a very friendly old man. I love him!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, he's beautiful, Blondie, I'm so impressed!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhh Blondieeeeee, I so think Santa needs a vacation in Hawaii! I'm thinking a Makaha address in particular would suit his just fine, actually there would even be room for Mrs. Claus. ; )

His face is just adorable! You're very talented my dear!

And luckily you finished him before you needed the Extra Strength Tylenol.

Love, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, You are blessed with such talent. Your Santa is wonderful. Your quilts are wonderful, your cooking sounds wonderful. I bet your talent in the shop with hairstyling is wonderful. So many people waste their talents. I have a theory that the story in the bible where the king gives three people "talents" and waits to see what they do with them. One man buries them even and doesn't use them at all. He gets in big trouble with the king. You will never be in trouble with The KING, because you use all your TALENTS that HE gave you. God Bless you honey. You are fantastic. You make people feel good with your talent of love, you make people happy with your talent of creativity, you keep your family happy with your love and talent in being a homemaker, cook, provider, green thumb,with your garden and growing food that you can to feed them with throughout the winter months, your clients love you for your kindness and caring as well as the way you help them to look their best, and we all know how much LL loves you, and you him. Thank you Blondie, for using your "talents" so well. God loves you and so do we. Hugs, Jan L.

<\\\\\X
    You are an inspiration to all of us.
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What Jan said! And, Blondie? Your Santa is more than awesome!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he is most wonderful as my grandkids say!!!! Absolutely most wonderful!!!!!!