Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here We Go Again. . .

I can't believe it has been three weeks and Chemo #6 is tomorrow. I have had such support on this forum and also from forum members through private messages and snail mail. Sharing your stories, sending positive thoughts, taking time to make loving gifts or sending cards. . . Every single thing means so much. Tomorrow is all-day chemo, Wednesday is IV anti-nausea plus Neulasta (bone marrow colony stimulating shot) and Friday is another anti-nausea IV. I almost think the Neulasta side effects are the worst--last time I had a lot of pain, my skin hurt when touched, and I ran a fever for about 5 days. I do think the Palestine Sweet Limes and the l-glutamine both helped with some of the chemo side effects last time. I talked with Lisle on the phone and he is sending more limes. My doctor is very interested and says he is going to call him (Lisle has a ministry of supplying organic limes to chemo patients having difficulties with nausea & is a wonderful person). Anyway just wanted to update and ask for positive thoughts and or prayers from those of you who might wish to do so. I try to check the forum on my phone even if I am in bed. I try to return the favor when I catch specific posts but include forum members in my prayers even if I don't. I know it is the last really toxic one but it is still scary because you never know what is going to happen over the next three weeks. Anyway that's it for now. Need to take some meds and try to get some sleep. You all take care and thank you. Marci

Marci

2. Thanks auntynell, Blondie thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here We Go Again. . .

Marci you are so strong, and remember we are with you in our thoughts, hearts,and prayers.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marci
    I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.I hope everything goes well and that you do not suffer with severe side affects.Please check in when you can and let us know how things are going.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of you Marci & hoping you were hanging in there! Chemo side effects tend to accumulate as treatment goes on but soon -- soon -- you will be done.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Marci, so good to see your post! I'll be saying prayers that this chemo will not be as bad as it might be - the 'cure' is tough but if it strangles the "C" it'll be worth it. It's good the Palestine Sweet Limes and the l-glutamine are helping, you need all the help possible. Hang in there, the light at the end of the tunnel is close, make plans for what you most want to do when treatments are over and you're feelin' better. God Bless!
    NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
    ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
    ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
    ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
    ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
    "B"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are so strong and you can do this! So glad that the limes seemed to help with some of the side effects. Keeping you in my daily prayers. Gentle hugs.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

And PS glad that the glutamine helped; and the limes!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

But just think - you are about to hit a milestone of sorts - making it through a complete series of chemo treatments. There were times that you weren't sure you would make it that far but you have. As always, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending love, prayers, and positive thoughts.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you! Stay strong and feel better soon.