Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Paducah

I have been there twice. Just loved looking through all the vender booths. Both times I went only stayed one day and couldn't see everything. Next time I go I would like to go for two days. My son lives an hour away and could stay with him.

2. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Paducah April 2015

Never been there but hope someone chimes in ~ especially on where to go to eat. Or a candy shop .... every quilter needs chocolate.

4. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Have never been to the quilt show, but have been to Paducah many times. The quilt museum is fantastic. As Bubby said it is a great little river town. The area down by the river has plenty to see, and do. If you had more time than to just do the quilt show, I would go a little farther south, and check out the land between the lakes. There is a great little settlement there, with an amazing restaurant, called Patty's. Maybe Rhonda Free will chime in, since she is from that area.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

6. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

The Quilt Museum and Hancock's of Paducah. Don't miss Hancock's. Be sure to check out their back room with their discounted fabrics - TONS of bolts and precuts!

8. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I went from her home in Memphis last summer, I believe it was. So, I don't know anything about the show week and the crowds. It is a neat little town and my daughter who is an artist, part time, loved the art quilts at the museum. We spent hours there drooling over the quilts there. I want to go during show week one year but it was great to see the town without all the crowds. One place that we both loved the food was a sandwich shop right downtown. Don't remember the name but you line up at the counter and order your deli type sandwiches. Very neat atmosphere and fantastic food. They had a bakery right next to them that was part of their business. Sadly, it was closed when we stopped by later that day. I love my sweets and should have bought something to go earlier. Bummer!

10. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely go to Hancock's of Paducah, a huge fabric store. So that for sure, then of course the quilt show itself and there are a ton of vendors that buy into the show, if you buy a ticket to the show you will also be in the vendor area. There are several vendor areas, ask one of the hosts, 'where are all the vendors set up?' so that you don't miss any. And then all over town there are many places set up with mini quilt shows or vendor areas. Eleanor Burns had a place a few years ago when I went, that was fun too. She autographed my book. Very nice.

I don't know if Paducah has any great places to eat.

12. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Kirchhoff's Bakery ...the little sandwich shop Quiltlover couldn't remember the name of. They have a cranberry walnut bread and chicken salad sandwich that is delish. Also Patti's 1880's Settlement and Restaurant in nearby Grand Rivers...be sure to make reservations here or you will have a long wait. Haven't eaten there, but it comes highly recommended by my quilt guild members. Wish I could go...but that is farming season and we will be busy. Only year I got to go was a wet spring...and I don't want one of those again. Hancocks of Paducah...but you sometimes get better deals online. In their back room they have precut yards....don't remember how much they were a yard. Hope the weather is nice....murals on the river wall are amazing.
    Added: There is a chocolate shop down the street from the bakery...or at least there was one last time I was there.
    Last edited by mpattylou; February 23rd, 2015 at 10:01 PM.

14. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on going with a group from around my area on a bus trip. Like many of the girls have said the Quilt Museum is wonderful and so is Hancock's. The show has a lot to see and some amazing quilts in the show. Also, I do believe the Patty's is one of the restaurants that we are suppose to eat at.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

16. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I've been several times and it's so much fun. Hancocks and Eleanor Burns are must sees. I also enjoy the downtown area that has lots of antique shops. Several of them sell fabric from small vendors in their shops. I've gotten some great deals there. Also in the downtown area is a little mall in a pink building that has several vendors including the AQS damaged book sale. They sell books for $5.00. The best part of quilt week is the main show though. They have so many vendors you can spend the entire day there. Also the quilt show is fantastic.Your going to have a great time.

18. Thanks Pomona39 thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Paducah

Yes it was booked early in 2014