Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bonnie Hunter class?

Silly question, how does one sign up for Bonnie Hunter's class if we don't have one scheduled for our guild or in the local area? Can one just called one of the future class guilds and ask to sign up? I've been a huge fan, in theory, but would like it to be in reality Thank you, Tatyana

2. Thanks Slokarma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bonnie Hunter class?

You may be able to get a better and quicker answer if you go directly to the source: Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Lectures & Workshops
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I attended one of Bonnie Hunter's classes last year. It was sponsored by a quilt guild that a coworker belonged to. The trunk show was open to the public but the class # was limited and guild members had first chance to sign up (of course). I contacted the person in charge and told her that I would like to attend the class if there were slots available after the guild members signed up and they allowed "outsiders" to attend. That's how I got my name in the pot.

P.S. Bonnie's calendar on the Quiltville site will often have a link to a contact for specific classes.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    I attended one of Bonnie Hunter's classes last year. It was sponsored by a quilt guild that a coworker belonged to. The trunk show was open to the public but the class # was limited and guild members had first chance to sign up (of course). I contacted the person in charge and told her that I would like to attend the class if there were slots available after the guild members signed up and they allowed "outsiders" to attend. That's how I got my name in the pot.

P.S. Bonnie's calendar on the Quiltville site will often have a link to a contact for specific classes.
    I attended 2 last year and this is how I did it as well - I got on the waiting list for when they opened up to non guild members and luckily, I got a spot in a workshop at each location. It is lots of fun - she is as warm and personable in person as she is on her blog and quiltcam. Love the down to earth quilters like Jenny and Bonnie!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

thank you all for the advice, I sort of thought the same way, but was intimidated to cold call the guilds

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The guilds have to pay the expenses for Bonnie's class including her travel. Unless they're very exclusive, if they have open slots I would think most would be happy to let others sign up and help with the costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowstone View Post
    thank you all for the advice, I sort of thought the same way, but was intimidated to cold call the guilds
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I did - but I had to be persistent. I found the contact info on her site. I was on the waiting list and it was determined there was enough interest for a third session. A week from this coming Monday - I will be there, along with my friend Deborah! We will be doing Talking Turkey.

Also, some of her classes are sponsored through LQS - and they would probably be more open to "outsiders".
    Donna

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Great advice about classes sponsored by LQS. It makes sense