Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is a FREEZING Monday morning

Good morning all.....heading out to my room...have a quilt calling my name.

Gotta go......my fabric is being delivered today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fabric_delivery.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	101308

Have a wonderful day!!!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning, Quilty friends! We got freezing rain/sleet/snow; it started last night around 8 PM and is still going. I cannot get into my car and about fell twice! I think I'm staying in today, Halgal13 is off from school anyway.
    I need to clean, but the sewing room is calling my name!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's snowing here in southern KY and the forecast says we may get over a foot of the white stuff today. I know that's not near what some places get, but it's a BIG snow for our area of hills, hollows, and winding country roads. It's the biggest snow we've had in many years. I've got a fire in the wood stove in the basement to help warm the floors. I don't know yet if I'll venture out to the sewing studio today. Happy Presidents' Day!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all! Headed for coffee, warming up and then sewing today......................currently this is the weather here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boobs chattering.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	101311
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy President's Day everyone! HD and I are both off work today. Even though it's cold (9 degrees) we are going to bundle up and take a hike. This weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count. So my HD and I are going out to count birds. Yeah, I know, it's sounds crazy, but he's really into birds.

Still have to clean up the sewing area, still couldn't find the item that I put in 'that special place so that I don't lose it'.

Wishing everyone a good and safe day, stay warm. Saying a prayer for all who need them.
    Keep Calm and Quilt On!
    Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
    Paula

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Valentine Dance was canceled,,, gang came over for chit chat and drinks,,, in the SNOW... but we needed some social time... before the "blizzard" set in on Sunday.... Sun shining now,, DH just removed the snow around the dryer vents... and is pulling some snow off our corner section of roof on the back where the sunroom and house connect. It's been just about a daily event with the snow blower.. and I'm hoping that someday he will realize that i's OK to let the plowing happen as it does here, as it's part of our "service"! However, for him,, it's not "up to standard" and he has a point regarding the accidents, bumps and chips that happen when someone else is doing the work..... I'm pretty sure we are past the 80" mark for a total already and more coming Tuesday, then some again on Sunday.... but heck,,, they are only 1 to 3 inches... "piece of cake"....................Thank you God for keeping our power on!!!))
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We have had the most mild winter and will pay for it this summer when there is no water. However, I do live in a desert, so what do you expect?

Yesterday I made a new doll and a little kitten stuffed animal for the doll. I have to admit, it is really cute! Today I'm going to make something with my beautiful Miss Kate jelly roll. I'm trying to decide between Sidewalk Chalk, Summer in the Park, Solstice by Quilting in the Rain, or some other quick use of jelly rolls and solids. I love the line and have been waiting to choose just the right pattern. I realized that any of these would be beautiful.

Stay warm and, if you are like me, enjoy a bonus day away from work.
    ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
    George Eliot

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! What Myrna said.
    It's snowing here in Kentucky!
    I had to go out and feed the sheep.
    I dressed warm enough, but there never seems to be enough warmth for my fingertips. Ugh!
    I could not find one of the water hoses (buried under the snow), so I said 'screw it, they can eat the snow!'
    So far I'm guessing we have about 6-8 inches out there and it's still lightly coming down.
    Hubby even got up this morning to help me feed the sheep (and the dogs).
    He's from Canada, so he's used to this stuff. Name:  wink.png
Views: 96
Size:  1.0 KB

Sheep Farmer by day........Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Was -13 when I got up this morning, -9 driving into work. Brr!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Its a whopping 19 degrees here near Paducah Ky. We are expecting 10-12" of snow. We haven't seen that much snow in years!!
    I got out and caught my 2 ducks and put them in the chicken house. I swept off the back porch and the steps and my yorkie stepped off the step and sunk. All I could see was his head. That cracked me up.
    Everybody stay warm and those of you who are lucky enough to be where it is warm.....(PLEASE SEND ME SOME SUNSHINE!!!)
    I hate winter