Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 35 Sep 11th -16th

Congrats Lilsnailquilts! You'll have a ball shopping.

When I first joined, I wasn't sure how to post....had never done a forum before. As it turned out, I posted several times on the same thread.....whoops! But now I am an 'old' pro and am so very grateful that the members and staff of MSQC are such good people (and forgiving!!!)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

One of our fellow quilty buddy on here posts every day. One day she posted for that day "Thursday". Well I was so sure she had gotten the day wrong, because I actually thought it was Friday so I corrected her only to find out a little later that day, that I had my days mixed up. Talk about feeling stupid. I couldn't apologize enough for that gaff.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

So far, my quilting seems to be NOTHING but mistakes! Oh well, no one else seems to notice. Thats the beauty of patchy quilts!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

who hasn't had a "fat finger" moment. Too bad you never see them . . . until much later!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

MrsWindy4, I don't have a webcam but if I did would cover it up as you have, certainly don't want to be seen. Can't think of a real embarrassing submission here, but on a crochet group I know from the responses that my questions either don't make sense or are not part of the mainstream discussion.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I am always doing something goofy. I am a straight A college grammar student and yet, I can't seem to make a coherent sentence when I'm making a post. Sometimes I just fat-finger the keyboard and hit the wrong key! (I am in IT at the local community college and that's what we call it when someone can't type in their password correctly.) Better yet, my iPhone has auto correct and it thinks I've said something I haven't.

I think it's great that our posts are full of mistakes. Makes for some fun, interesting reading at times!
    All my best,

Veterkins

Do something wonderful, people may imitate it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not really that I know of other than the typical mis-spelled words. There are lots of times i want to chime in on the show and tell forum to comment about how nice something is but when there are a bunch of other posts saying the same thing i wanted to say i usually dont comment. maybe i shouldnt be embarrassed about that?

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, answering a post that talked about machine needles and I replied about how wonderful the seger is. Telling the post all about the serger when the post was referring to machine needles.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
    Congratulations to lilsnailquilts! Random.org just helped you win 500 Quilters Cash Points! I loved reading all your answers some sweet, hilarious, and oh, so, convincing! Haha! Go see how lilsnailquilts made quilting seem so easy for everyone!

You know what else I love? That not one of you made fun of my spelling error! After I posted the "Civeaway" I was so embarrassed, but the forum doesn't let you change thread titles... oh well!
    So to celebrate my unfixable embarrassing forum moment, I want to know if you've ever had an embarrassing forum moment. Between spelling errors, posting on the wrong thread, misunderstandings of the online, not face-to-face, world, almost everyone has been learning to navigate this crazy place and some of this stuff is pretty hard to take back, so, nothing inappropriate please
    but, you can share an experience from here or another forum, I'll even allow just a yes or a no! If you're lucky enough not to have any mistakes (you're willing) to share you can share something silly you've seen happen, but to be entered for the next 500 Quilters Cash Points, share and tell us your most embarrassing forum moment!

To take part, just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page, and let us know what you think! That's all you have to do and you're automatically entered in the drawing! Good Luck!

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is when I need to find something, I look and look and look - only to get frustrated - "voice" my irritation - only to have someone come back quickly to say..."it is under this tab or page" Then I immediately follow up with an "I'm sorry for my ....." Gotta love it. Our house rule is Never be too big to apologize! My husband and I practice this often with our children - keeps us humble.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

i always type on lower case and never preview a remrk. that wy i won't know if there is problem...