Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hobby Lobby Fabric?

I support Hobby Lobby and Chic fil A, but, If one is asking about the quality of fabric, I do not think this is the correct forum to discuss political leanings. It is one thing is a person does not recommend a store because the product is not preferred.
    That said, I have bought a fair amount of fabric from Hobby Lobby and like it. The Hobby Lobby flannel compares well with that carried by the LQS. The selection is not as varied as the LQS, but the basics are there. I also like being able to pick up other craft items while shopping.

2. Thanks aqua-teal71, sydneybean thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Disnaples, thank you i was about to say same thing. I think that any place you buy fabric its good to check it out. I have bought and seen some pretty thin fabric at quilt stores. In my humble opinion, you buy the best you can afford.

4. Thanks aqua-teal71 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Hobby Lobby in Danville has great fabric, Nice quilting cottons and a great selection for a store that is not completely geared to fabric. I've bought quilting supplies there and batting. They also carry a wonderful line of upholstery and drape fabric. I've bought fabric for pillowcases there. The only problem I did have, I am not too crazy about their flannel. I had severe shrinkage problem, to me it appears a little to "thin". Other than that, I'm so happy to have this store, otherwise there would only be Walmart's and the cotton I bought there years ago was awful. I have not purchased any from them since. Our JoAnn's store (thirty miles away) also will be closed until September.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Disaples. Thank you I am so tired of politics being the reason for division. Religion and politics should not be discussed here. If someone doesnt like the policies or religion then good, dont shop there.
    But this is not the place to bring it up. Cant we get along.?
    Last edited by aqua-teal71; February 16th, 2015 at 04:31 PM.
    I LOVE JESUS

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlsnaples View Post
    I do not think this is the correct forum to discuss political leanings.
    You are exactly correct. Politics and religion are pretty much the only taboo subjects here.

Thinly disguised attempts at pulling the subjects into a question is the future will be shut down immediately. Everyone has TV. Everyone has access to the internet. Read the news and the arguments there and keep them off the forum.

There is no reason to keep bringing up something from the news from a year ago, just to try to dissuade people from shopping at a particular store.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

8. Thanks KathyCrofoot, HopeVezz, aqua-teal71 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hobby Lobby is the only real fabric source for me within 45 miles (besides Wally World, but try to find someone to cut it....)

I have had no problem with the quality. Sometimes the selection is a bit limited, but I can usually find something that will work in a pinch.

Just wish I had a LQS that wasn't such a drive.
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

There is a HL about 15 mins from where I live. After reading the good reviews I think I will try them.
    ~ Tracy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My Hobby Lobby carries very little in the way of hardware. I just picked up some Michael Miller fabric there though not long ago.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's...............pfffffft, nope! Have two close by and shop there quite frequently. Also WalMart SuperCenters, have had no issues with either place. My fave tho is Hobby Lobby, and there is also a Hancocks across the freeway from them. My little LQS is growing, but still does not have a huge selection, their batiks though are to slobber over! I shop the most where customer service and value is given, and Hobby Lobby more than offers that and a very good fabric selection as well.
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I'm happier with them than Joanns!!! The clerk at mine who works the cutting counter is fabulous, they are friendly, helpful and pleasant to work with.
    I don't shop there anymore. The clerks are not very helpful at the one in town. They are too busy chatting. Or there aren't enough clerks to help or answer questions.
    Peggy