Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutermann

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gutermann

Am I the only one who uses Gutermann thread? I like it but I have not seen any posts here about this thread. Just wondering.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gutermann

Quote Originally Posted by babaz View Post
    Am I the only one who uses Gutermann thread? I like it but I have not seen any posts here about this thread. Just wondering.
    I use it all the time. It is readily available at my local stores. The only time I opt for something else is when I order quilting or embroidery thread online.

I buy both the 100% cotton variety (for piecing) and Poly for garments .

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use Gutermann for garment sewing, both cotton and poly. I've used Guterman for piecing, but I got away from it when I found Aurifil and Connecting Threads, which I buy online. The problem was that Joann's rack of Gutermann threads was alway half empty, so I had a hard time finding the colors I wanted. That and the need for bigger spools for quilting. The other brands just met my needs better.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use it in my Pfaff all the time It was one of the only locally sold threads that my machine liked.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I use it, I get mine from Joann's. Easier than ordering online when I can see the colors in person.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but not for piecing. I have been using Presencia for piecing but want to explore some of the other brands to see how I like them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I buy Gutermann when it's on sale or I have a coupon. I get the big spools of cotton thread. No problems with my machine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Gutermann hand quilting thread once. It was horrible, kept twisting and knotting up. Hand quilting is hard enough without having to deal with that. So, they never got another chance with me.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I usually buy my thread at a LQS, and those in my area do not carry this thread. However, my sister has purchased it at Joann's. She doesn't care for it - too linty. So, for that reason, I haven't been interested in getting it. She and I have the same machine, so I figure if something doesn't work on her machine, it probably won't on mine either.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the gutermann all purpose thread tower (got it on Black Friday - 2013) I use it all the time! Love how I have all those colors to match what I'm sewing... I sew garments and bags as well as quilts, so it gets a lot of use