Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I save you $600.00?

Not quilting related but maybe related to washing and drying fabrics and quilts! We have lived here about 7 years and my laundry is upstairs ....had tried to vacumn out the vent a while ago. The dryer was old and had started to take like 4 hours to dry a load. So hubby researched and we bought a new one. First time I used it last night we got error code...vent blocked. Oh crap. so hubby researched again at 2am ...He took off the vent cover out side and hooked up his leaf blower to inside vent...oh my ...the crap just flew out..I just dried a load and we now realize that we probably did not need a new dryer..so sad because the junk man has already taken our old one.!!!!! Lesson Learned.(But this one is much prettier and smarter)..Val

2. Thanks Slokarma thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can I save you $600.00?

You would be amazed at what I use our leaf blower for. Maybe I should write a book on all the ways to use one, my favorite is cleaning the dryer vent. Also, cleaning the furnace filters, vacum filters along with the vacum itself, removing dog hair from the outdoor mats. Also use it for removing excess water after the house is washed. To remove excess water and snow from the car before putting it in the garage. Cobwebs I cannot reach. The list goes on and on.

4. Thanks Slokarma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OMG. You are lucky you didn't have a fire from that blocked vent. One of my girlfriends did. Taught me a proactive lesson.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Man... Wish I had a leaf blower!!