Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday! Hip Hip Hooray!

For all of you that are struggling I am praying. There will be better days ahead.

Today is the day my son's girlfriend is doing my hair. I was up waaaaay too late so I hope she can do a perm while I'm asleep in the chair. I meet her at her beauty school (probably not what there called these days) in five hours.

Getting a new couch delivered today. My sister will be home for the delivery. Once I get back home I'm sure it will be time to play rearrange the furniture. With the granddaughter living here I have to arrange for maximum play area but keep it a safe area too. Have to be sure and block her from the DVDs she loves to pull them off the shelf.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Monique, Sad week for you. I also lost someone this week, my cousin Rocky. Viewing is today in Brooklyn but we may not be able to get there due to the new snowfall. Rocky wasn't really my cousin but he was close family as the DH of my fave cousin Louise. Growing up she was my friend and role model but unfortunately she passed away much too young about 30 years ago leaving Rocky to raise there 6 kids ages 8 -18.

Blondie, Glad to hear your DD's step son is OK. I've been worried about family driving after our snow storm. Major roads are clear but everyone has to drive a lot on secondary roads that aren't. Curb snow melts while the sun is shining and freezes over when the sun goes down and we all know what problems black ice causes.

Getting a bit light out so I'm going to take a peek out front to see if it is still snowing and how much new snow has fallen.
    Name:  good morning.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  15.0 KB
    PS: Here's Rocky with the quilt I gave him.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky and His Wild and Crazy Quilt.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	99742
    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 30th, 2015 at 09:44 AM.

3. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all my forum buddies!

Blondie - you make me smile every morning! I agree about the tunnel vision. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.

Guess what!!!?? I am not working today! Insert Snoopy dance here. I am going to take a needle-turn applique class today at my LQS. I think they call it Hawaiian Applique. I bought some really pretty batiks for it and can't wait to get started. I have all my "stuff" ready to go and it's an all day class. So excited!!!

Monique, hugs and prayers for you and hope all smooths out for you.

Blondie, hoping DD's days get happier and more fun.

Hugs and prayers!

Carolyn
    Carolyn

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Off to work for me as well. There is snow forecast for this weekend...which sucks as it is the end of the month and I will have to work on Sunday for inventory. DH will have to take me if its bad out....I don't drive in it.

Prayers for all those in need! Have a great day!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique and May, so sorry for your losses, prayers for strength.

Blondie, thankful that DD's stepson didn't get seriously hurt in that car accident. The rest of the threes are the pits, been there, done that. Hope the cycle is over with.

Don has his Arctic gear and suitcases ready for the move to Dead Head but the group as of 7 pm (AK) - haven't been told what time they are leaving, along with other security details required. He's a bit annoyed, military man showing through. Told him to go eat dinner and chill, get a good night sleep, it will all come together.

Winds blew like crazy last night making for a restless night, nap might be in order today. Need to clean to house, do a load of laundry. Nothing exciting going on here in Atlanta.

Please be safe when driving, have a great day.

Prayers for those in need, huggers for all, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all...very chilly day here with the wind bringing temps to minus 22. The sun is shining tho although that always seems to make it seem colder. I'm happy to be at work and not out there.

We have an open house on Saturday and I'm leaving Scott to take care of the clean up prior to it. I did six showings when he was house sitting for a friend at work so I think he can handle this. I'm leaving tonight after work to visit my cousin then getting my hair done tomorrow for the first time in almost a year. Talk about a badly needed appointment. Will likely go home after the open house is done...although not sure why I'm so bored there.

This waiting in limbo for my house to sell is wearing me down and I'm kind of numbed out...just in a holding pattern until I can start packing. Fingers crossed it sells soon! Sending huge hugs to those in need...thinking of Barb and Jeff today and everyone else who is struggling with health issues....and gratefully accepting any hugs headed my way. I'm thankful for you all! xoxo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today should be full day of activity. Keeping an eye on Soph is not a one person job, it's been wearing. She was up half the night crying, not sure why but eventually she fell back asleep.
    After hubby gets done with work it's tax time, big buck big bucks no whammies! We will be banking most of the return for the next year's needs. It was a rough one last year. I am getting a new machine, one that will quilt. My current one just can't handle it. Can't wait!!!
    I'll be working on the few quilts I have in progress and doing some fabric shopping at Joann's with my 60% off coupon.
    The big house project is going to be pulling up the poor carpet in the dining room/office and living room area. I'm pretty excited, I peeked at the floor from the heating vent and we've got hardwoods underneath. What suspense to see what the floors look like!! We'll do a trial piece by the door that way if it's bad we'll just some linoleum or tile. The homeowner put cheap carpet down and with all of us trafficking and the dogs running has taken a toll.

Hugs prayers and happy thoughts for everyone.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good wishes and hugs and understanding and power surges being sent out from here. We're seeing a drop in temperature so I may hold back on some of those power surges. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you are on the receiving end) I need to make a run out today to the PO so that will keep me out of the sewing room for a while. I've been doing some weird things down there anyway - like trying to find a piece of fabric that I know I have . . . can you tell that things got disrupted when Al was busy down there? I have managed quite a few embroidery sew outs though - so it isn't all bad.

Sure hope everyone stays safe and has a wonderful weekend. Meanwhile I'll try to behave and not cause any undue stress on the forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maxine.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	99748
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm back to my old self... funny what those "procedure drugs" do to one's reality. Mine was pretty distorted there for a day or so...Don't feel bad. Just drugged out. And I get to do it again in 3 months. Yeah! NOT

I think I'll try and get some sewing done today. Got my Hunter's star quilt to work on... Nothing too challenging at this stage. Thanks for all the good wishes, prayers and hugs. They mean so much to me. You all are the greatest!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! It has been busy around here this morning. Believe it or not it has taken me an hour and half just to read through this post with all the interruptions and phone calls. I'm hoping to get some pillowcases done today. And maybe a nap as I didn't rest well last night.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone