Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rhonda's Really Easy HSTs

Rhonda
    Got the template! Thank you so much! Off to play with my scraps with my our template. It's so generous of you to send them our free.

Thanks again.
    Gina

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

What a great idea... thanks so much for you tutorial.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Since these are bias triangles, for me... Jenny's method is faster and easier. I really like making HST's with her method, and I don't have any trouble with bias.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RhondaRae View Post
    Yes you are but it has never been a problem for me. I use a tack and tack everywhere the seams meet and on the ends. If you like you can also spray with Magic Sizing to keep it from stretching. Tho I've never had to do that.

Tacking is just putting a stitch across where the seam will go through. and if I am working with a larger size you can pin along the seam line also. I feel a tack holds the seams in place better than a pin.

Attachment 100904
    I can't wait to try your technique since there are so many blocks using HST. Tacking is also a new technique to me - - Do you hand tack or do it by machine?

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I usually do the tacking by hand with just a stitch or two. I have done it with a machine but the hand stitch is easier for me.
    I find the tacking helps with being more accurate when you join two hsts together. It helps you with not losing the points because one of the biggest reasons people lose points is when they don't make sure the hsts are accurately joined together. If you have one hst crooked even a little bit then your seam will be off and that is when the point disappears into the seam.

6. Thanks Beccaroo thanked for this post