Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default AWOL...........thanks to the City!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DUH.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	99676

Ok, this is somewhat of a rant, but with a LOT of laughter as well................

Yesterday about 11A.M., was sitting sewing, Hubs was terrorizing FB. And KABOOM, DRAGGING of metal, cussing, OMG's, and a City worker comes to our door and says, "Is your cable out?" Checked, yep, out, so is phone, internet, all of it. 4 cops show up as electrical lines are down too.............blackout for 3 blocks, Oncor shows up (electric company) sparking lines, etc, by 5PM we have electric back. Cable, UH NO! So make the call to the cable company, gotta love those automated dealie bobbers-NOT! No TV, phone, Internet last night. EGADS for Hubs, me, just sewed and read a book!

This morning, call the City, and ummmmm, you have cables down in your backyard? I said, "Ya think, your City Works guys creamed it with a front end loader yesterday, did the Police Dept., contact the cable provider to lodge a "Lines Down" report? City: "Let me get with my Boss and I'll call you back." RIGHT! Next thing I know, City Police are VERIFYING lines down in my backyard (seriously? Like I'm gonna make this up), next thing City worker is putting up barricades, cell phone rings and it's the Cable Company saying, "Ma'am, we just got an Emergency Lines Down call from the City, you're service will be restored within the hour." ROFLMBO................we DON'T call them the Keystone Kops for nothing!

Cable Guys come to the door and ask "How did they manage to DO THIS?!?!?" So related the whole sordid story, they now are done (obviously as I'm posting) and have 2 more blocks to make repairs. Thank God we have a healthy DVD library, Hubs is having FB withdrawal (serious ones, lol!) As I contentedly observe the live Marx Brothers shenanigans in my neighborhood! Life is what you make it, other than doing the "Lost In Space" robot.............waving arms, yelling "Danger Will Robinson, DANGER!!!!", I've laughed my butt off at the goings on. The only evidence I was in distress over this mess, are gnaw marks on my mouse form not being able to get my Forum fix!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: AWOL...........thanks to the City!!!

Wow, Carrie! You live in a neighborhood like mine. We call our guys Barney Fife and company. They are in serious need of training.

Glad you reported in because there were a lot of forum members getting ready to call in a missing person's report or at the least a well-check report for the police to follow up on. And you know I would have called the Texas Rangers, right???

Actually feel better that you have checked in. Not like you to go off the grid like that unless you found a huge fabric garage sale 250 miles away. lol

Missed you!!
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow...sounds like the shenanigans of our town and cable folks, minus the cop verification. No enough personnel or county budget to get an officer in an emergency...let alone that.
    Now you just know many of us were having quite the ball spinning all kinds of wild tales with our vivid imaginations...

(still want that good looking seam ripper I thought you were bringing though...)
    (...just saying..)
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Never a dull moment for you. Thanks for the laughs.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, I see no mention of a seam ripper in this story. Carrie, are you telling fibs again?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Lost Quilter.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	99681

Staring Carrie J.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like something that would happen around here.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I really needed that laugh today. Brought back many memories of various places we've lived. Most of the places had Keystone Cops or Barney Fife's gang. And a few had Tim the Toolman around!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

And here all I have to report is that my trash wasn't picked up yesterday. Got to make my 5th call in 9 weeks "Yo! You missed us again, it's getting old! Especially since you raised the price by $33 a quarter!!!"

Your situation stinks more than mine, my smelly is outside, I would have withdrawals from the internet. lol

Glad it's all coming together again. Wouldn't want you to have to endure another night with DH and no internet for him. hehe
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure you don't live on The Hill? Good golly girl, what a ride.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle