Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Thursday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday

I had an enjoyable time watching my husband waking up from anesthesia. He kept saying he didn't feel right ... and with the amount of sedative they gave him along with the pain killers I don't think anyone would feel right.

He was hungry so I would pop a slice of banana in his mouth. 3 chews - fall asleep for a minute - 3 more chews - back to sleep - a couple more chews and swallow. Back to sleep for a couple of minutes and then he was thirsty. Tried to give him a drink with the bendy straw but he insisted on doing it himself so I handed him the cup. His mouth was opening and closing (imagine a fish face) but the cup never got closer than a foot away from his mouth. He said he must have had a stroke! "No Dear- you have a blood pressure cuff on your arm and can't bend it!!!!"

Hope that gives you all a chuckle .....

So we are back home - his heart is back in normal rhythm - everything went smoothly. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes from my forum pals. You hold a special place in my heart. Follow up appointment for him next week and then back to the Cincinnati are to take care of his sister.

Continuing prayers for those who need them .... and editing to add my congratulations on the new baby! ! ! ! !
    Last edited by Judy, USMC; January 29th, 2015 at 09:21 AM.

2. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, thank you for the update and grins. Poor baby. It is amazing what the docs can do these days! Take it easy for the next few days. Yeah, right! Prayers continue for all concerned the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy, USMC View Post
    I had an enjoyable time watching my husband waking up from anesthesia. He kept saying he didn't feel right ... and with the amount of sedative they gave him along with the pain killers I don't think anyone would feel right.ng was

He was hungry so I would pop a slice of banana in his mouth. 3 chews - fall asleep for a minute - 3 more chews - back to sleep - a couple more chews and swallow. Back to sleep for a couple of minutes and then he was thirsty. Tried to give him a drink with the bendy straw but he insisted on doing it himself so I handed him the cup. His mouth was opening and closing (imagine a fish face) but the cup never got closer than a foot away from his mouth. He said he must have had a stroke! "No Dear- you have a blood pressure cuff on your arm and can't bend it!!!!"

Hope that gives you all a chuckle .....

So we are back home - his heart is back in normal rhythm - everything went smoothly. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes from my forum pals. You hold a special place in my heart. Follow up appointment for him next week and then back to the Cincinnati are to take care of his sister.

Continuing prayers for those who need them ....
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

I spent last night at home and my bed felt so good. I'm almost ready to head back to Jeff. I will stay all day and hopefully be able to leave in time to get home before dark. I have to drive Hwy 63 and it's windy and spooky after dark as most 2 lane highways are in the country.

Jeff is progressing at a normal place. His epidural and catheter are coming out today and then the real recovery can begin. I hope he is home by the weekend or first of the week. If he has to go to rehab for a few days that will get him home by the middle of next week. He's a strong man and I know he will do everything possible to get home asap.

Cil, congratulations on the birth of your Grandson!!I will keep him in prayer. I have time on my hands at the hospital and I've been catching up on my prayers. You are so blessed!!

I'm off for now...I know you will continue to pray for us and that's such a blessing. Love, Barb
    Last edited by Bubby; January 29th, 2015 at 09:36 AM.

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished formatting a journal issue yesterday and sent it to the printer--Yay! Now to brush up on my bulk mailing procedures--but that's for next week. Today, another visit to the vet with Olive--still not sure where she stands in terms of recovery, but one day at a time. Need to do some cleaning, but I also hope to get some quilt blocks trimmed.
    Best wishes to all.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all, congratulations on new babies and successful surgeries! Prayers for healthy recoveries for all...

I don't have much to say at the moment that would be positive, but I want to thank you all for being here, just reading through the forum is a nice escape tonight...

Tomorrow is another day!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cil Congrats on that wee babe! I'm sure he will be just fine! He's in my thoughts. (((HUGS))))

Monique so sorry you didn’t get to say goodbye to your friend. 

Shirley drive save when you Do decide to go in!

Judy sounds like hubby’s gonna be just fine! Glad everything went smoothly.

Barb, glad you got to have a good sleep in your own bed. Important to take care of you too. Glad Jeff is on his way to getting home…hope it’s soon!

Nothing new with me...we re-listed our house last night to attract some new buyers. Having another open house this Saturday. Our agent assured us that he is 98% certain that our house will sell in February so fingers crossed everyone. I really need this to happen for my sanity.

Supposed to get 5 cms of snow today...guess winter had to kick in some time this year. ugh. (((HUGS))) to everyone who is needing them today! And maybe a few for me too. Stay warm everyone!

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new grand baby!!!
    Shirley, be careful. If it's too bad outside stay home and quilt

Monique, continued hugs and prayers. I'm so sorry.

Barb, so glad Jeff is progressing through this well. Be careful driving home that does sound creepy!!
    Angelia, seems kitty pancreatitis issues can linger for a bit, hoping Olive gets well soon. Poor little one

I took a mental night out last night, just watched tv on the couch with my quilt. Mostly Jenny's tutorials and then last half of Criminal minds (eek) and Stalker. No wonder I had a nightmare this morning. Pretty bad!
    Little one had me up too early as usual. I'm looking forward to getting taxes done this weekend and Joann's 60% off spendalooza.

I decided Niko's quilt pattern will be Houndstooth. I'm not sure the colors yet hubs wants dark enough to clean easy but not too dark to show it too much. Yeesh. I'm just hoping to find colors that coordinate with my blue and white beach themed room :P

Prayers and hugs and happy thoughts to all.

Carrie, hope your internet goes back on we were worried about your absence yesterday!!
    Quilter since 2013.

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.

Blondie......loved the story about finding hidden Oreos from 1999! We will just assume that you didn't eat them!

Cil.....congrats on your little grandson.......saying a prayer for him.

Barb and Monique......continued thoughts and prayers for you'll.

I'm off to help sort books again this morning. The room looked just like the picture I posted a few days ago.....when we got there......and looked just as full when we stopped sorting. The books are coming in fast now. The lady in charge of the sale always worries that we wont' have enough.........and we always end up with a gym full of books!

I had fun yesterday playing with my Grinch panel pieces........got them on my design wall right now.

Hope you all have a great day!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear 'our guys' are doing OK after their surgeries and keeping them in prayers for good recoveries.
    Congrats to Cil on the birth of her new grandson, prayer for his angel to keep watch over him.

Bad forecast for later today, freezing weather and more snow which may effect all the things I have scheduled for the next few days. I would really like to cancel Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In at the small private park we hold them in,. The park buildings are closed on the weekend so Guild President is supposed to meet me there with our guild's only key to building but she lives in an adult community and after snow it is often days before she can get to her car. Other concerns are will the park have it's limited parking area cleared and most of all would anyone want to come out and sew on a zero degree day? Hopefully by Friday afternoon we'll have a better idea of the situation. If cancelling I'll have enough time to send email out to our 90+ guild members.

Sorry to vent but it's frustrating as the pillowcase group doesn't have its own key any longer. In November guild members cleared out some old Harvest Supper decorations, beer bottles covered in fabric that served as flower vases, when park administrator saw the bottles in the recycling bin she thought guild members were having parties there when the park was closed so she had the lock changed. Situation has been cleared up but as of now only our Guild Pres. has a key and it is complicated for any one holding sew ins or small group meetings to get the building open. Other coordinator is holding a pillowcase sew in at a LQS so there is no problem with getting into the building or parking as they have a big lot. If LQS closes because of the weather we'll know soon enough to let other sewers know as there are just 5 gals who join us there.

Off for more coffee and thanks for bearing with me while I got that stuff off my chest.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 29th, 2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: TH

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Good morning everyone. What a day yesterday. Needed to have blood work done, then the plan was to visit my friend in Palliative care, and then off to have an endometriosis. Well it took almost 1 1/2 hours waiting for have blood work, then I was waited another hour waiting for the doctor. My friend passed away before I ever got to see her. I guess it wasn't meant to be that I visit her.

Now the kicker is, the doctor wanted me to tell him why he was doing this procedure. WHAT? How would I know? Anyway, I decided to go ahead and be 100% sure that there was no cancer rather than wait 4 months and have another test done. Not the most pleasant of procedures, (even worse than pap smears) but it is done and the worry off my shoulders.

We are expecting snow today. Hubby has a man cold and I am trying to stay away from him. I do want to go to the church and get rid of some boxes of stuff I have and maybe look for a new coat. I saw one two weeks ago that I liked.

Anyway, have a great day friends. I hope those that were in the path of all that snow, have dug themselves out.
    Monique, so sorry to hear about your friend. I know it hurts you so much. Prayers for you and her loved ones.
    Mary

15. Thanks Monique thanked for this post