Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still in the hospital

I am still in the hospital here in Ann Arbor MI......at the U OF M Hospital. I am in room 6127 bed 2.
    I have been in the hospital since Dec 5th ( I was in the hometown hospital from 12/05 to 12/18 and then transferred to the U OF M. I was then admitted to the hospital 12/18 until the 4th of January when I was re-admitted.
    I was told that my kidneys were not working ( my left kidney is very small and not working at all. The right kidney is larger, to compensate for the small left kidney )

I was told that my kidneys are "asleep", and the Drs feel that my kidneys will wake up. I am doing dialysis here in the hospital's dialysis unit for 30 days and hopefully the kidneys will wake up ! Once I am discharged I will have to return to the hospital dialysis unit for 30 days. Then if the kidneys have not "woke up" by that time, then I will go to a dialysis center close to home ( we live 46 miles from the hospital )
    What I want to know is if any of you have experienced this.....or if you know someone that has had their kidneys "go to sleep" and then wake up later(?)

I am experiencing severe nausea when the dialysis first begins. The nausea lasts through out the entire dialysis treatment. I have tried not eating prior to the treatment,yet this doesn't help.

in closing, due to my other illnesses, having to be told that my kidneys aren't working ( and no, the Dr has no reason WHY this happened to me.....it just did.
    I am on a low sodium Renal diet. While I don't mind the diet the fact that I have had to use the diet makes me feel really down at times.

If anyone has any advice for me, please let me know.

Smiles!

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Still in the hospital

{{{Hugs}}} No advice but hugs and let you know that you will be prayed for.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you poor dear! My prayers are for an improvement in your condition so you can leave the hospital and feel better soon!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

oh Sugar, I wish I had some advice. All I can do is pray for you and send {{{BIG HUGS}}}} your way. Surely there must be some way to wake those lazy kidneys and get them working again. Hang in there girlfriend......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you poor thing. Wishing you a speedy recovery (((hugs)))).
    Christine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I've never heard of this. I'm praying for a speedy and full recovery. When my mom was ill our family went on a reduced sodium diet with her. Now I can taste salt very easily so don't need as much. Often foods are too salty to me now that where fine before.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry I don't have advice or experience with what you are going through, but know that you are in my daily thoughts and prayers for peace, comfort and a full recovery. Hugs!
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending healing thoughts and hugs for a speedy recovery and that your kidneys will wake up soon.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing to offer but my prayers that you will recover fully from this. Keep us posted when you can.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear all you've been through. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a recovery for your kidneys and the strength and positive outlook to get you through this. Wish I could make the time fly for you so you could get home.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards