Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default PRAYER SHAWL TOTES REQUEST

As some of you have seen, I sent Bubby a prayer shawl to comfort her during her struggles through her illnesses. I have also sent one to ozziepuppy and ginnyknc to comfort as they battle breast cancer. I am in the process of making three more shawls (no designations on where they are going yet).

What I am putting forward to all of the talent in this forum is a mission of sorts. I would love to start giving the shawls that I make as well as the ones that my group makes in totes. We have had a few sent to us from our wonderful Klasien that my church group who helps me with making shawls for people just fell in love with.

If you would like to make a tote or two or however many so these wonderful shawls can be given in something beautiful I and my group of ladies would greatly appreciate it. They don't have to be anything fancy just a basic tote about 18 - 22 inches wide and about 22 inches deep with handles. No color or handle size preference, whatever anyone wants to do is greatly appreciated.

As one person pointed out, these totes would make it easy for the recipients to take the totes with them to chemo or dialysis or other medical treatments.

In God's Love,
    Rhonda

You can send them to me at:
    Rhonda Matzker
    RR 4 Box 4503
    Piedmont MO 63957
    Last edited by Rhonda D. Matzker; January 28th, 2015 at 09:24 AM.
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

2. Thanks motherhenfromsouthken thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PRAYER SHAWL TOTES REQUEST

Can we make them out of bright cheery fabric and even some whimsicle fabrics? Is there a deadline as to when you need them?

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Workin on it.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

What prayer shawl pattern are you using? I have donated a ton of knitted ones to churches, but would like to make some quilted ones. Thanks.
    Marcine

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Not looking for prayer shawl, she is wanting simple little totes to put them in.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Any kind of material for the totes would be fine. I am not making quilted prayer shawls I am making crocheted shawls but was wondering if anyone would be interesting in making tote bags to deliver them in.

No deadline as this is an ongoing project.
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    Not looking for prayer shawl, she is wanting simple little totes to put them in.
    I know- just wanted to know what pattern for her prayer shawl.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I am not making a quilted shawl, I am crocheting them.