Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default North Slope, Alaska - Stage 3 Alert - White Out - Shut Down - Don is safe

9:19 AM in Atlanta GA / 5:19 AM - North Slope AK -51' - Winds @ 44 M/H - Stage 3 Alert - White Out - No One Outside, No Shuttle to Office Buildings, Warehouses, etc. No Flights In/Out.

Alarm announcement went off while he was having breakfast. They are stuck there for probably the next 36 hours. At least the group is safe and warm.

People who got into the office buildings early will have to stay there, there are emergency food/bedding kits in those buildings that will have to be utilized.

Rotations out are already piling up from prior days as the planes/helicopters can't fly over 30 m/h winds, some big boys are stuck as well. Good time for bonding with the regular boys. lol

Another storm is coming in on Friday, we're hoping that it will be cleared up by Monday morning when Don's due to fly out. Can only hope for the best, safety first. We talked about it this morning, we know this is how it's going to be, a game of chance 'till March/April. Your first year at a new location for a project is always an adventure. You have to go with the flow as a couple/family. smile emoticon

As our friends in the East are battling their own blizzard, please say a prayer, good thought, mojo, karma, etc. for those in these bad storm.

Huggers from Ruby and Don

PS: 11:52 AM Atlanta, Update, things have become worse, windows are being reinforced. Prayers would be appreciated.
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

2. Thanks auntynell thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: North Slope, Alaska - Stage 3 Alert - White Out - Shut Down - Don is safe

Sending prayers! Also praying it settles down before your DH has to fly out Monday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: North Slope, Alaska - Stage 3 Alert - White Out - Shut Down - Don is safe

Prayers being said. Hoping your DH can get a flight out on Monday.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Saying prayers that they are all safe and storm lets up soon.
    Hope Don can get out Monday, but your right. Better safe than sorry. Please don't worry touch and make yourself sick.
    Hang in there

Jean Anne

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My DD is experiencing or has experienced howling winds and white out conditions in Rhode Island. House shook, could not see her neighbors house across the street. I prayed for the power to stay on. It did so far. Thank you God. She is by herself, very scary to be by yourself in the dark in a cold house in the howling wind. Lights and warmth help. Praying for all those without power.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

My prayers are with you. Stay safe.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alliek View Post
    My DD is experiencing or has experienced howling winds and white out conditions in Rhode Island. House shook, could not see her neighbors house across the street. I prayed for the power to stay on. It did so far. Thank you God. She is by herself, very scary to be by yourself in the dark in a cold house in the howling wind. Lights and warmth help. Praying for all those without power.
    That has to be scary for her Allie. I know when we get the thunder storm here in GA with those crazy winds it's bad enough. Sounds like the roof is coming off sometimes.

Prayers for her and all out there in the cold region. Especially for singles and elderly, I'm lucky that I have Kat/Matt near by. Plus I have a stubborn neighbor, Marcus, who makes sure I'm ok in bad weather. He makes sure he does a check in with Don the night before he leaves to tell him I'll be watched and looked after.

Jean Anne, I'm trying not to worry too much. Safety is Number 1 at the camp sight, the project managers/security guards are always checking that proper procedures are followed. Exxon is on their toes, this is their first project since their last disaster, they can't afford to make a mistake on their part. We have to pray and hope Mother Nature is kind enough not to hurt anyone up there.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts. Don appreciates it as well as knowing I have a sounding board of sewing friends.
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers coming for sure! It's good to know that extra precauctions are taken.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping him in our prayers. Let me know if he needs anything here.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers here for sure, for both of you!! At least they are prepared there!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!