Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Post Hello from SewCalGal

Hello,

This is SewCalGal. I'm a quilting, sewing, and embroidery enthusiast who enjoys researching and sharing insights on my blog (www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com). I'm joining this forum for fun and inspiration.

Today, I'm working on a machine embroidery/quilting project. I tend to lean towards doing more machine embroidery projects when my sewing room is a mess. I have a bad habit of going to a quilt class, or retreat, and when I return home I just dump everything in the middle of my sewing room, with the excuse of being too tired to put it away. So, I feel like I'm accomplishing something when I'm doing machine embroidery and organizing my sewing room.

This past week I took a two day free-motion quilting class with the famous Paula Reid. Great class and she is a super teacher. I highly recommend her as a teacher, if you ever have a chance.

SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from SewCalGal

A great big welcome to you - so glad you joined us. We have quite a few women here who do machine embroidery. I have a Designer Diamond.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. I don't have an embroidery machine but I piece quilts and have them machine quilted. Occasionally I will machine quilt a small project myself. If you are looking for inspiration you will find it here. Visit often....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, thought I would pester for any tips on a quilt. Making a quilt for daughter and son in law. Had people sign squares which I am now embroidering and then I will put it all together in a quilt. Any tips on the embroidery so that it will look good? thanks! (also in California - Central Coast in Solvang!)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome from Canada.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, you came to the right place for inspiration and fun. Come back often and enjoy.
    Mary
    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Big ol Hello from Central Illinois. I have your blog listed in My Favs and visit often. Glad to see you here and hope you'll share your talent with us soon.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello SewCalGirl! Welcome to the forum. I'm assuming from your username that you're from California?? Where are you located? I originate from San Diego. Anyway, welcome again and we hope you enjoy the forum.
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BellasQuilts View Post
    Hi there, thought I would pester for any tips on a quilt. Making a quilt for daughter and son in law. Had people sign squares which I am now embroidering and then I will put it all together in a quilt. Any tips on the embroidery so that it will look good? thanks! (also in California - Central Coast in Solvang!)
    I assume you're hand embroidering them? Take tiny stitches and use a hoop to keep the fabric from bunching up.
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!