Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1/19/15 Work in Progress!

Wow, ladies 17 pages, over 570 likes for last week. The inspiration and camaraderie are amazing! Please check for any missed posts from last week.

Here is everything I've started and need to finish up.
    There are 2 wall hangings- my star and soph's planets for her room. Her frozen fabric is waiting to be made into a pillow case.
    2 small lap/pet/baby quilts that need sandwiching and quilting.

Windmills still needs the rest of the rows pieced up.
    I decided to appliqué my hexi flower to a dark brown background. I think I will hang a couple over my computer monitor wall so there's something pretty up there. With all the work into them I can't bear to put a potentially drippy mug on them LOL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3475.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	98328

All your pics and helpful opinions really make this group what it is. I'm so glad all of you come back week to week to share. Beautiful work ladies!
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1/19/15 Work in Progress!

Ahhh, another lovely week has begun!

Anita, love that baby quilt, the monkey's just crack me up! Granny Fran, YAY on your Elevation quilt, sounds lovely what you're planning for the backing.

Amy, now that is a heap of work girl! I'm with you, I too must get off me duff and finish smaller projects I 've started. Well, after it's a new week, so no time like the present! Alrighty, can't wait to see everyone's pictures, and the lovely banter we have here, great way to start the week off. Happy sewing Ladies!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amy I was like...hey...how did my baby blanket get in her pic???
    I got the same fabric bundle as the top that is hung over the back of the chair, closest to the bottom of the pic, and again at the top...and made mine into a similar pattern baby blanket last week. I added some pink polka dotted fabric to stretch it into a crib size.

I'm one of those who can't function until fully caffeinated, so that really got me until my brain kicked in and said "Silly goose, it's just the same fabric!"
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

4. Thanks Jewel thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello....I check in here sometimes just to see what everyone is doing (I'm nosey that way).

I'm still working on my room but was having severe sewing/quilting withdrawals. I made a pair of curtains this morning, still need to hang and hem them.

Then I will be concentrating on getting these finished:

Name:	star_quilt.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	98372 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turtle_quilt.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	98371

On the star quilt...I am in the process of ripping out the quilting and starting over. I think I'm going to do that one off the frame.

The turtle quilt has 20 different turtles in it but this one was my favorite. I need to tack the heads down and press the quilt. I will put this one on the frame to quilt the white background and then remove it to quilt the turtles.

I have other quilt tops to quilt and want to get those finished before I start a new quilt (which I'm itching to do).
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; January 19th, 2015 at 01:50 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	block 1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	98378
    just started this quilt. Maybe if I post in here each week it will keep me working on it.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Everyone's work is a real feast for the eyes!

I'm putting my top together this week. All the embroidered block are completed. Have to still cut the borders and add them and do a label for it. It will be a while before I get back upstate to drop it off to get it quilted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized Baltimore top.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	98385  
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

last night a list of everything I have started but not finished started to run thru my head and I decided it was time to start finishing some stuff off. I am going to add the last two rows to my carpenter wheel quilt then set it aside and then finish up the last 18 inches of FMQ I need to do on my full size bordered square quilt. I ran out of thread when I was almost done and then had to order some when the Local shops were all out. I then want to FMQ the borders on my patriot quilt its been sitting forever waiting for me to decide what to do on the borders.
    Then just sit down and put binding on both of them so I can say done to something come to think if it I have a baby quilt that just needs the binding to sigh.
    Everyone's works is so inspiring for me to get going!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Leah, LOL, nothing like getting jump started minus the coffee, hey? And ya just can't go wrong with polka dots!
    Shirley, gosh, I LOVE those two quilts! Would be hard pressed if I robbed you, as to which one to run off with first, OK, I'd take BOTH! LOL!
    Dolores, that BOM is simply outstanding!! I'm amazed at the amount of applique, but WOW when it's done!
    Cathy, that is a really rich and sumptuous looking quilt, gorgeous!
    Altair, LOL, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I'm MAKING myself finish all the smaller items I've made before I LET myself start a new project, they are adding up and can feel them staring at me while I play on the machine.

Speaking of which, today I decided to make the design on one smaller, add prairie points (my carrot to get 'er done) then utilize the flip-n-sew, that will be finished tonight after dinner. Then on to the topper that had the blaring striped fabric I had to tame down. Liking those prairie points, and like the fact that, even though you fold them, it adjusts to the size of your project. Wednesday is my "fabric run" day, and can't wait! Zippers got here today, finally, and I have this feeling I'll be deep into "pouch fever" for the next few days, LOL!
    Last edited by Carrie J; January 19th, 2015 at 08:28 PM.
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has accomplished so much!

I spent the day cleaning up my sewing room and installing the led lights for the neck of my machines - boy what a difference they make! Also did a bunch of strip sewing and cutting for my Cathedral Stars quilt - I am using those pieces as leaders and enders as I work on other quilts and it is coming together nicely!

Also squared up some antique blocks that a neighbor gave me - going to make it into a small throw/table topper for her. I figured out layout for it today - the blocks aren't all the same size and I don't want to take them apart, so going to do a modified falling charms, so that the squares are offset and the size difference hopefully won't be as noticeable. Will post pics once I have done some sewing on it.

I still need to quilt my sister's quilt (Christmas present - I am sooo bad!). I did press the top this weekend.....

Have a baby quilt I need to work on, but the fabric I ordered is just not inspiring me. May just go buy some yardage to go with it and do the illusions quilt as intended with the rectangles. My plan was to use a charm pack, but the charm pack may just be used as a scrappy border or binding.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone!

I love seeing everyone's quilts and projects - they are so inspiring!

I didn't get much sewing done today, just sewed a few chopped blocks, but that's OK. I watched Downton Abby and then took a nap! When I got up from my nap, DH was in my sewing chair (his computer chair) so I had to wait for him to vacate it before I could get sewing. Back to work tomorrow, so that severely limits my sewing time.

I'm glad to see everyone so busy!
    Happy sewing!
    Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.