Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What machines would you buy with $10,000 if you had nothing?

The BabyLock Crown Jewel with computer was offered to participants in a longarm workshop that I went to last spring for $27,000. Whew!

2. Thanks kaydee thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
    Would you be like a local dealer for them?

What do you like about the Martelli?

And do you know if you can get it with software? I'm not confident I'd ever be able to freehand the quilting.
    Martelli long arm HANGS on a track, rather than sitting on a carriage, I was so impressed with it when I saw it at a shop. I know they are great on support and instruction! What's the price range?

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I would actually keep the machines I have and buy a serger to add to the mix. I love my brother Dreamcreator for most of my main sewing and I love my Pfaff creative 2.0 for embroidery (mostly embroidery) and sewing as well. I would just add either a Juki serger or a brother serger- self threading (of course!)
    If you don't ask, you don't get. Ghandi

Toni

5. Thanks kaydee thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Martelli long arm HANGS on a track, rather than sitting on a carriage, I was so impressed with it when I saw it at a shop. I know they are great on support and instruction! What's the price range?
    When I first looked a few years ago, they were $10,000. Naturally they have gone up since then. I have never seen on in person because they don't bring them all the way up here, but I've been tempted to hop a flight to Florida to look! They have a hard time keeping them in stock per their reps.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep my Brother Innovis 5000 Sewing/Embroidery as it's very precise for quilting, I have other Brother/Singer/Husqvarna sewing machines and my Brother 1034D Serger THEREFORE I would get a 10 Needle Embroidery machine with fast frames and stand plus digitizing software. My BI 5000 does beautiful embroidery but a 10 Needle would be much faster and do a bigger field area than 7x12.
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

8. Thanks kaydee thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

The BabyLock Crown Jewel with computer was offered to participants in a longarm workshop that I went to last spring for $27,000. Whew!
    OK, then . . . Won't waste a trip to the dealer looking for that!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Are you asking me my budget, or are you asking Bubba the price range of the machine? I think it's the latter, but I don't want to ignore you if you are talking to me.

I'm looking at initially spending 10,000 - 12,000.
    Last edited by kaydee; January 19th, 2015 at 01:45 AM.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    When I first looked a few years ago, they were $10,000. Naturally they have gone up since then. I have never seen on in person because they don't bring them all the way up here, but I've been tempted to hop a flight to Florida to look! They have a hard time keeping them in stock per their reps.
    I looked for local dealers, but the only one Martelli listed didn't have anything about Martelli on their web site. I think the info might be out dated.

I think you should go for it. You could be a dealer!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sleepydiver View Post
    I would actually keep the machines I have and buy a serger to add to the mix. I love my brother Dreamcreator for most of my main sewing and I love my Pfaff creative 2.0 for embroidery (mostly embroidery) and sewing as well. I would just add either a Juki serger or a brother serger- self threading (of course!)
    I've looked at that Dreamcreator. It is fantastic, but it eats up a huge chunk of the budget, and I fear that I would regret not getting something with a larger throat.

As I've read about everyone's machines, I've come to realize one can get a whole lot more machine than I have, for a whole lot less than the Dreamcreator. I'm wondering if that's what i should do, and put the savings towards a long arm.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Kaydee, if I were to start all over, I'd start first of all by buying a Juki TL2010Q (which I recently did get) and save for a long arm. Do I have machines that do all the fancy schmancy stitches? Yes, but I rarely use any of those stitches. I even have an embroidery machine that I have never learned to use or try to use in the three years I've had it.

Occasionally, I will use the zigzag stitch, but that is about it. Jill does have quilting designs programmed into her and once I get a top sandwiched, there are some I am going to try out.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!