• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pointeofview
    Rotary Pro
    • Jan 2015

Ordering from MSQC

Just wondering....
    I placed an on-line order on Jan 11, and can see the order in the "my account" section of the site, but there is no shipping info and I haven't received a shipping confirmation email from them. Is this normal? I have only ordered from them once before, and it was around the holidays, and seemed much quicker! I emailed them with a question over 24 hours ago and got no answer to that either. Is the whole company at a quilting retreat, or binge watching back episodes of Downton Abbey? 
    sigpicSo many fabrics/books/recipes, so little time.....
  • marsharini
    Binding Belle
    • Apr 2013

Re: Ordering from MSQC

I just received notification yesterday that something I ordered on Jan. 9th has been mailed. I would just give it time. I think they might just be busy. Hang in there.

Comment

• cherylm49@yahoo.com
      Honey Bun
      • Feb 2014

I also placed an order with MSQ on Friday, the 9th. I live in IL. I placed 2 other orders that same day, one from a quilt company in TX and one in WA. My TX & WA orders both shipped the same day and I received them both on Tuesday. My order with MSQ has not yet shipped. If you only order the DD or precuts, the orders seem to ship quickly, but if you order cut yardage and precuts, it's a crap-shoot as to how long it will take to ship.

Comment

• Deb7643
        Prairie Pointer
        • Jun 2013

I think it depends on how many orders they get each day also, if you look back in the older blog post they show the ordering process after the new warehouse opened.

Comment

• alik57
          Honey Bun
          • Jul 2013

I placed an order on the 10th for more than the DD and my acct. is still showing no tracking information and I haven't received an email of shipping confirmation. It is taking longer than it used to but so worth the wait.

Comment

• Thimbleena
            Quilting Guru
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            I also placed an order with MSQ on Friday, the 9th. I live in IL. I placed 2 other orders that same day, one from a quilt company in TX and one in WA. My TX & WA orders both shipped the same day and I received them both on Tuesday. My order with MSQ has not yet shipped. If you only order the DD or precuts, the orders seem to ship quickly, but if you order cut yardage and precuts, it's a crap-shoot as to how long it will take to ship.
            Bingo.

This has always been my experience. If you have included yardage in your order, it will take substantially longer. Precuts arrive very quickly. I ordered some precuts and yardage on the 7th, and I just got a tracking number for them yesterday.
            Thimbleena

Comment

• Mpyles
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2013

I placed on the 7th and received shipping notice on the 14th...the 7th was the 3rd day of the New Years deals...I had yardage as well. I am in no hurry ... It had to have been crazy busy order wise that day!!
              Mary
              SW Missouri

Comment

• lourixe
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2013

I put an order on January 7th and status still is "paid", but I knew it was going to take time for it o ship as I bought yardage and notions as well as precuts. I don't know if it's also the case with M*, but most warehouses are busy at the beginning of the year updating their inventory.

Comment

• irishrn
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2010

I wait 48 business hours till I send an email on the status. But I only run into this when its yardage and/or yardage plus something else. I don't know how it flows, but it is worth the wait!!
                  sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

• GrandmaE
                    Designer Diva
                    • May 2014

I am sure with their big 3 day New Year sale the are running a few days behind. They will get caught up and be back to their normal fairly quick shipping time. Only so many people to fill the orders and with a big sale the volume of orders is GREATLY increased.

Comment

• CountryHut
                      Missouri Star
                      • May 2010

never fear M* will get it there . . . yesterday I rec'd my order for the 5 patterns plus whatever else I had ordered . .

I can tell you one thing is for sure M* ships faster than - Quilt in a day . . . my last 3 orders with them it took close 2 weeks for them to ship and I was never notified of the shipment. . and one order was for a Christmas gift . . . I emailed them about the order and inform them it was for a holiday gift . . their email reply was quick . . BUT then they said . . I would get my order before the end of the year . . WHAT . . well they were right . . it got here before the end of 2014 . . .
                      needless to say . . besides the order being late and paying double the actual cost of shipping -- I was not a happy camper . . *sigh*~
                      2015 is here
                      Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

• Gina
                        Missouri Star
                        • Feb 2014

I placed an order on the 10th and I got my email notification that it had shipped today. Maybe yours will be on the way by tomorrow! I can imagine with all the sales they have been very busy!

Comment

• lourixe
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2013

Yeah! My order status has just changed to "printed"!

Comment

• Betsy D
                            Designer Diva
                            • Aug 2014

I placed a small order (no yardage) on Jan. 7 and finally wrote yesterday to ask why I hadn't even received a shipping notice. They wrote back saying they had a ton of orders and were now catching up.

Comment

• toggpine
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2009

They had a blog post (I think it was the blog) about how the orders are processed and what steps your order takes from the moment you hit "send" until the postal service picks it up at their warehouse. Check it out to see how it works.

At least you KNOW where Missouri Star's warehouse is.
                              I ordered from Connecting Threads thinking that they were a Washington based company. When I called a week later to find out if they sent shipping confirmations I found out that the actual fabric, notions, etc. are stored and shipped from a place in Ohio. So I paid local sales tax on an order I had to wait an extra week on to receive. Not too happy about that.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel
                              because those who mind don't matter,
                              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X