Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday Hellos!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat_hat_rain.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	97756

Good Morning, folksies! It is Wednesday - do you know where your camel is?

Many are the days I am thankful I live where I have lovely change of seasons without too much snow. Today is one of those days. Many schools are delayed because of ice on bridges, it is nasty out there but hey, I have been buried up to my nose in fabric. The woodstove is downstairs where I sew, my kids gave me a roku stick and netflix for Christmas and I have been busy cutting, cutting, cutting and some stitching on that star quilt I told you of last week. In between the cutting and piecing 45 of the 56 blocks the pattern calls for, I have been making other smalls. My mind works best that way.

My baby girl's birthday is this weekend. My second favorite's cousin is also in the next few days. My cousin Lory lives fairly far away and we never see each other these days. We chat on the phone but that isn't the same as the big old giggles and belly laughs we used to have when we lived closer. My DD was telling me yesterday that she was remembering the birthday blasts we used to have when we lived down in Orlando (where my cuz lives). Her most favorite party was at a park in between O'town and Narcoosee on a lake. The highlight of that particular party was the lonely gator that came for dinner. How do you top that memory for a kiddo? Kids and adults climbed onto picnic tables and watched as this little guy, who was about 3-4 ft long, wandered around the pines. We kept waiting for the mama to make an appearance. It also happened to be when my other cousin Annie was down visiting. We laugh about her first (and only) real alligator visual to this day. Since she may be reading here, this one's for YOU, Annie dear.

Name:	auntie annie.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	97757

Hoping each one of you has a special kind of day. Fill your house with your own sunshine to chase away the weather. Just because we have happy memories in the past, doesn't mean we stop making happy memories for the future. And it is interesting to see how someone else remembers the same event!

Blessings, prayers for many and of course, SMILES for everyone.

Name:	d1Hfgrm.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	97758
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday Hellos!

Good morning everybody! And good morning Blondie!
    Here the weather is a little foggy, but there is a nice light light coming thru the clouds!

Hope everyone will have a lovely day today! As in the past days I'll be spending it resting and sewing and trying to decide what to cook (so hard! Extremely hard! I'm not in the cook mood lately!) for lunch. Dinner is not a problem. I'm making pizza because I'm craving for some!

Best wishes for everybody!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Another COLD day here. I am sitting in my dining room and can feel the drafts on my feet. I have put insulation down in the most of spots I feel the cold but there is still a draft coming from somewhere.

I did not do too much yesterday. I got another quilt cut and ready to take to the retreat. I bought this 5 yard kit last year at the quilt show. Let me tell you, they leave no room for errors. Some of the cuts are right on the selvage.

Today I am meeting my brother for lunch and then heading off to city to my cousin's apartment. I will stop at Denis' shop, as I am looking for a certain fabric, of which I have none of, would you believe. If I can't find it there, there is a shop in Arnprior that I can stop at too.

So that is what my day is shaping up to be. Stay warm friends, I know spring is coming.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning gals, too dark outside to see what's doing weather wise but we're going out to shop and do errands this morning no matte what. 15 members of our family descending here this weekend so I have lots to do. My desk has little piles of stuff that need to be put away as well as Bday cards and a package to mail so I'll not dilly dally on the computer this morning. Maybe while I'm doing all that 'stuff' I'll find the quilt labels my sister made me as a Christmas gift. She hand made them with colored permanent pens and each one is different and so colorful. DH found a small red Christmas gift box in his laundry hamper so I have to say some things got misplaced during the Holidays.

Big giggles and lots of fun will be going on at Blondie's this weekend when she celebrates her DD's Bday with fave cousin visiting.

Juliet - Pizza for dinner sounds really good especially since you usually make your own crust. We'll be having burgers with fresh mushrooms and green beans mainly because I have the veggies in the fridge and the ground chuck I use for burgers, meatballs, etc. is on sale this week at the farm market.

Name:	GoodMorning Share cup of coffee.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	97763

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Cold morning here. I woke up at 4:30 with hip pain. Couldn't find a comfortable position so I could go back to sleep for a bit. Got up with dh at 5. He made me some tea. Now I am spending some quality time with my heating pad. Seems to be helping. May bring my microwaveable heat pack with me to work.

Blondie, sounds like that was a very interesting party. .

Time to get this day moving along. Keep warm everyone
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning....

It's cold here -8° when I last looked. DH said there is ice fog and the trees are beautiful.

Nothing much going on in my corner of the world....the unstable DH got the unsteady bookcase bolted to the wall and my books are now in it.

Getting ready to head out.....everyone stay warm!!!

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all
    It's getting a little light outside but still too early to tell what the weather will be today. I did hear that wind a blowing last night and hope that's no indication what the day will be like.

Did some more on my Baltimore blocks yesterday and only have 3 more to go!

Looks like I'm going to have to forgo my weekend gal get together/ retreat, I was really looking forward to it. I'm still not feeling much better, this bout of diviticulitis is hanging on longer with the pain and I'm uncomfortable about being so far from home in case something happens.
    I signed up for a class at the quilt shop for next month that looks so cute. Mug rugs done all in the hoop. Hoping to make some cute gifts!

Off to start my day hugs to all who can use some extra today!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

It's one more day of freezing and tomorrow things are supposed to warm up. Even 30 degrees would feel good on my old bones. I caught a cold so I'm off to WalMart this morning to buy some of Blondie's favorite remedy, Zicam.

Tomorrow we have to be in court for the eviction of one of our tenants. After all the years we've been landlords (13) this is the first court eviction. It saddens me that we have to do this but people just can't stay if they refuse to pay rent. Our attorney will not be in court with us. He said we can handle it ourselves. That needs to be reflected in his billing.

I need to renew my driver's license and may do that today. I've been waiting for a good hair day but that's evidently not going to happen so I might as well bite the bullet and smile with my hair in a clip! Since I was in the hospital in November my hair has been beyond fixing. It's severely damaged and breaking off like crazy from all the steroids I took.

Jeff's hip surgery has been rescheduled for February 17. Between now and then he has several appointments for tests and x-rays.

I hope everyone has a warm snuggly day. Hugs all Around.....
    Last edited by Bubby; January 14th, 2015 at 09:12 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,
    Since I went to bed early I am up early - at least early for me.....I took my SIL to work and thought I would check in before starting my day....I am off today and we are having a sew - in here today....advised Steve I was going to start calling our living room Suzie's Studio as I do so much with other quilters here lately....he just chuckled....said pretty soon he would just have a little corner left for him...room is large so half is my "studio" and half is the living room - means I have to keep my area fairly neat most of the time....works for me.
    Blondie, enjoy your weekend and you also May....hugs for all and prayers for those in need.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Cold here again today, also. But a warm up coming this weekend, yah! After work I hope to do some sewing. Been doing some babysitting the last few days so not much sewing. Looking forward to babysitting a grandson Saturday that I haven't seen since before Christmas so not much sewing this weekend either. Smile and have a great day!