Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Work in Progress 1/13/15

Another fun week last week eh ladies?
    I am so happy that I'm finally done with "have to dos" so I can get back to "want to dos" :P Does that sound terrible?
    On my docket right now is
    -to finish the one side left of flannel baby (yes I know get a move on it)
    -sandwich and hand quilt my missouri star
    -explore english paper piecing with my two flowers I cut out of hexagons.
    -oh yeesh and cut the sizes needed from the strips for Leon's quilt
    -i better stop listing, it's making me crazy

I was tring to decide if my star needed another border, so I put it up on the wall it's going on and the lilac paint really sets off the dark first border so nope... piecing is done.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Work in Progress 1/13/15

I need to sandwich and quilt my Carolina Chain, border my D9P, and make some aprons for my husband's birthday--probably more than I can do since school started this week, but I'll see how far I can get.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to get started on the Elevation Quilt Kit I got before Christmas. I emailed the designer, Heather Spence, and had my answer in less than 12 hours. How great is that??? I am so excited.

BTW, today is day 2 of DH's retirement and so far we aren't driving each other nuts. LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got everything almost cut out for the Bicycle quilt that I am about to start. Hopefully, will post pictures when done. Then Sunday afternoon my husband and I got out in the garage and started trying to get things cleaned up and out so I could move all of my sewing stuff from the Dinning room table out there and that is going to be my sewing room, I found some quilt kits that I had bought to make for my grandsons. Maybe they will get them while I am able to still sew. Once I get out in the garage I think a lot of stuff will get finished because I will have room to actually dig out and work and leave it out until I finish.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Amy, great to do what you want huh??
    Angelia, it's a good thing we don't "have to" do anything on a time clock! Sounds like aprons for DH is the only "have to". Look forward to seeing them.
    Fran, glad it is going well. I wonder what it will be like for myself when the time comes......
    Lynn, Bicycle quilt??? I am intrigued! Hope you post pic's before you finish!

Now for the spool quilt with borders. I am not wild about it, I figure I have two choices. 1) add another smaller boarder of some color or 2) remove the border and add one in another color........ Tell me what you guys think.

Edit to add, it ended up 62 x 91

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It looks beautiful Carah, but I don't think I'm wild about the border color either, although it does let the spools have the attention.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am getting ready to go to a retreat, leave at noon tomorrow and return home on Sunday. It is difficult to know how much to take, how much can I accomplish? I also don't know whether I should take both my Featherweight and my Sapphire 875 or just the FW. I would like to be able to take my whole sewing room but.....
    I do have a dancing and swirling [wrong name?] quilt top cut out and ready to go, some blocks pinned and ready to sew into columns, 45 shoo fly rows ready to sew into blocks then join with my 54-40 or fight into a king top.
    I have some Kim Deihl panels that I am blanket stitching onto batting that will eventually be part of a Vintage Farmhouse quilt , think I will cut the rest of that out today. Hopefully that will keep me busy this weekend.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carah View Post
    Amy, great to do what you want huh??
    Angelia, it's a good thing we don't "have to" do anything on a time clock! Sounds like aprons for DH is the only "have to". Look forward to seeing them.
    Fran, glad it is going well. I wonder what it will be like for myself when the time comes......
    Lynn, Bicycle quilt??? I am intrigued! Hope you post pic's before you finish!

Now for the spool quilt with borders. I am not wild about it, I figure I have two choices. 1) add another smaller boarder of some color or 2) remove the border and add one in another color........ Tell me what you guys think.

Edit to add, it ended up 62 x 91
    Just my 2 cents......if you want to use the gray...I would border it first with a small burgundy color border, then a little wider gray, then a small burgundy again. If you don't want to use the gray.....just use one of the spool colors.
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; January 13th, 2015 at 12:08 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carah, it may be my eyesight, but are your cornerstones the same color as your border? Somehow, they seem off to me. Either remove them or add some on each side. Cannot decide which. Otherwise it looks great. I love your spools. Maybe a smaller inner border as Shirley suggests?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    Just my 2 cents......if you want to use the gray...I would border it first with a small burgundy color border, then a little wider gray, then a small burgundy again. If you don't want to use the gray.....just use one of the spool colors.
    That was my thought too...it needs something darker between the cream background and the grey. Burgundy would be just right I think or maybe brown. I like the burgundy you have on a couple of the spools.
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....