Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is not a rant

Sometimes we learn and sometimes we have to be taught. Sometimes things go smoothly, and sometimes there are bumps in the road. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Sometimes I don't know what I do know.

So the technician returned this morning, as promised, to finish putting our new quilting frame together - actually the frame was already together but the support for the machine was missing some hardware. All goes well, it's hooked up, and the upgrade done on the computer, and now it's time to see it in action . . . and it isn't working right. Now, I'm just to the point to learn how to use this system . . . and now we have to wait for a new machine to be shipped.

I'm glad I am an easy-going person. I am glad I don't know any curse words. I'm glad I really like the machine and my dealer . . . but I am really, really sad.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This is not a rant

Sandy, I'm sorry you are having this 'bump in the road'. Maybe someone here can say a few curse words for you! You are all ready to try this new machine and now you have to wait. Not fair!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hate this for you. I know when I have something new I want to be able to use it sooner than later. I guess you will have to find something fun to do in the meantime. Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry Sandy but hopefully it will get resolved very quickly.

Bernice

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Sandy. How frustrating. But when all is said and done you'll be so happy you'll forget this part. Patience my dear!
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Sandy. I could teach you a few curse words in french if you like. Patience is indeed a virtue. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the frame. Kick back, have a glass of wine or two or three....and then you laugh. What else can you do, right?
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a bummer! No wonder you are sad and disappointed. Hopefully the new one comes in early and ready to go. Keep the faith, Sandy. You have such a positive outlook...another example of when life gives you lemons, you make lemondade. Take care, Friend.
    Cynthia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That really bites! So sorry for this frustrating delay.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

AAHHH! Can feel your frustration - but will pray your new machine gets put on the fast lane at the post office. We are jumping up and down waiting right with ya!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy I am so sorry this has happened, it's the sort of thing I usually get. Seeing as how I feel like you are my sister, here's an offer for you. I've just bought the Avante HQ18, we picked it up last night, how would you like to come on over, have a coffee with me, help me set it up and we can both play.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.