• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grandma G
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2013

Re: Olaf/Snowman Quilt

That is just adorable! My granddaughters are just in love with everything Frozen. She would just love this. You did a fantastic job!!
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

• FabStripper
      Missouri Star
      • May 2014

This quilt is so cute and I like the way you quilted it. Thank you for putting up the tutorial.

Comment

• Grandma G
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2013

For those wanting a copy of the pattern: I opened a new document in my Word program. Then I went to the pattern and right clicked at the top of the pattern and scrolled the length of the pattern while still holding the right click button down. Then I right clicked on an area that was highlighted, right clicked again and clicked on COPY. Went over to the new document in Word and right clicked again and clicked on PASTE. The pattern showed up and I tweaked it by changing the font size and margins. Made many of the photos smaller and deleted one or two that were repetitive or not needed. This changed the number of pages from 17 to 8. Hope this is helpful.

Takes a little work but this is the only way I know how to copy the pattern. Hopefully this helps those that want to give it a try.
        Last edited by Grandma G; January 7, 2015, 12:53 PM.
        Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

• Misses.M
          Block Queen
          • Jul 2013

I did do some things differently, my husband and I drew all the extras onto paper, I roughly cut them out and then pinned them to fabric that had fusible webbing already ironed to the wrong side (for the eyes and arms, I doubled the layers) then I cut the pieces out on the line. For the body I pieced the 2.5" squares and then used glue basting to hold down my 1/4 inch seam allowance, I also made sure to cut off any excess fabric around the head and body curves to 1/4". I then pinned the body where I wanted it and began ironing down all the fused pieces. All pieces were done with a tight zig zag stitch and also outlined when I quilted it oh and also I preferred the strips in the background to all be balanced so if anyone wants the strip sizes needed let me know

Comment

• Grandma G
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Misses.M View Post
            I did do some things differently, my husband and I drew all the extras onto paper, I roughly cut them out and then pinned them to fabric that had fusible webbing already ironed to the wrong side (for the eyes and arms, I doubled the layers) then I cut the pieces out on the line. For the body I pieced the 2.5" squares and then used glue basting to hold down my 1/4 inch seam allowance, I also made sure to cut off any excess fabric around the head and body curves to 1/4". I then pinned the body where I wanted it and began ironing down all the fused pieces. All pieces were done with a tight zig zag stitch and also outlined when I quilted it oh and also I preferred the strips in the background to all be balanced so if anyone wants the strip sizes needed let me know

Thanks for the additional information. I am going to add it to the pattern instructions.
            Gerri

Comment

• ceiliam
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2014

great job really cute I bet she will wear that quilt out

Comment

• MomGram
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2013

Sooooo cute!! You did a wonderful job. I am sure the quilt will be loved.
                sigpicAnita G.

Comment

• Hulamoon
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2012

Soooo cute! I still haven't wached it yet, and I love animated stuff. I like the background and it gave me an idea!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Grandma G
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    Soooo cute! I still haven't wached it yet, and I love animated stuff. I like the background and it gave me an idea!
                    Lorie - you have to watch it! It is really a cute movie and the music is wonderful. You will forever more have the song "Let It Go" stuck in your head!! Or maybe it is in mine because my granddaughters sing it constantly...
                    Gerri

Comment

• sew-what2014
                      Applique Angel
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Misses.M View Post
                      It was so much fun to make!! Here is the link; Olaf Quilt Pattern || Free Pattern || Shwin&Shwin

Thank you. I appreciate getting the info. Off to check it out.

Comment

• Sharyn J
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2012

I must be the only one alive that hasn't seen the movie but the kids seem to be crazy about anything related to "Frozen." Your snowman is absolutely adorable!

Comment

• Misses.M
                          Block Queen
                          • Jul 2013

It's such a great movie! My little one just loves snowmen and i thought this would be a perfect quilt for her! You should watch Frozen, it's all things that make animated movies wonderful!! Thank you so much

Comment

• quiltingaway
                            Missouri Star
                            • Sep 2014

So adorable and I love your quilting too!
                            Annie
                            "The Mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Comment

• Misses.M
                              Block Queen
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by FabStripper View Post
                              This quilt is so cute and I like the way you quilted it. Thank you for putting up the tutorial.
                              Thank you! I really wanted it too look like a swirly windy effect! I also quilted in some words by the flower, sort of can make it out in the label photo. It simply says "i love u" - just had so much fun trying different techniques!!

Comment

• Carrie J
                                Missouri Star
                                • Aug 2014

That is really cute! Great job, and LOL on your little one feeding Olaf, yep, lotsa wear and tear on this one I'm afraid!
                                What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X