Post Thanks / Like

Default Mondays are another day of starting over

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monday-thumb-520x292-6657.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	8185

Good Morning Sisters!
    Yep, it's Monday Morning. Let's pretend it is last Monday and start that week over! I mean, I could've done without the earth shaking my house, the anxiety of worrying over more weather for those I love, including me! Since we've said Good Nite Irene and can't turn back time, let's make the best of it.

Wassup today? Clean up? Cat naps? Be sure to mingle some fun stuff in with the drudgeries. And oh yeah, Smile too. It makes even the worst chores seem like a good idea.

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mondays are another day of starting over

Good Morning. Clean up time across Vermont. We've been declare a state of disaster. Dozens of towns flooded. Many towns still flooded. One death. couple historic covered bridges washed away. First day of school cancelled for many. Ours was not on the list but I think they weren't scheduled to start until tomorrow anyway. They say it's the worse flooding since the flood of '28 (a very famous event around these parts). Don't know yet if I'll be able to make it to work. We did okay at home. Only lost power for about an hour in the middle of the night.

well if I can't get to work I can get to some sewing!

have a great day. Be well,

Just learned that I won't be going to work today. It's a "you can't get there from here" thing. Route 100 (the main scenic highway that from through all of VT from border to border) is just gone in one part. DH went out to have coffee with the boys but all the stores where they meet are closed. He said the devastation is amazing. Govenor is saying stay home, state offices closed. He says we can replace property but we can't replace lives. Stay safe. That is so true. with all the damage and loss we've only had one death. A woman was washed away in front of her boyfriend while they were out observing the flooding. Why do people do that? We went out too but stayed far away from the danger. Need to make calls and see how camp fared.
    Last edited by Loonwatcher; August 29th, 2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: new flooding info
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Not much going on today. I've quilted the choo-choo trains on the border of the baby quilt. They are on two opposite sides and I'm doing train tracks on the other two sides, today. Then railroad signs on the corners. I'm not totally happy with it, but it will have to do. My niece's baby was due yesterday! The doctor is going to let her go until Wednesday and then they will discuss inducing.

My daughter got back from Vancouver, Canada safely. She went for an interview, but doesn't know if she got the job (post-doc) yet. Competition is very stiff. I'm saying a prayer for her.

Oh, shoot! I just remembered, I'm suppose to can a few hot peppers today. Guess I'll be doing that this morning.

You ladies have a wonderful day. I'll be looking on you later.
    Bec

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Off to school I go!
    Prayers for those waiting for the waters to subside and the clean-up. Sis here is without power. Power lines down all around her neighborhood from the winds. When she calls the electric company, she gets a recording that tells her to "push #1 if you want a wake-up call". Too funny.

I'll check back in after school. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

MORNING!!
    Woww.... Another Week Over.... That one will stay with us for a While...
    But like everything else it's>>>

"HISTORY".... Bye-Bye- Now!!~

~Blondie~ I rather leave last Week where it belongss......I THE PAST!!...LOL
    I'm Happy to see You Shinning this morning.

~Nancy~ - I'm sorry you're town got hit hard....I just saw one of the 100+ yr old bridgebridges in Vermont being swept by a river.....Wowww!!
    And some guy "JET-SKYING" on the flooded street in his neighborhood...NOW! that's a new one for Me.
    Just take it one day at a time.

~Bec~ Glad your Daughter made it fine....can't wait to see your Choo-Choo Quilt.

~TRISH~ Have a Gr8 1st Day!!..... BEHAVE! NOW!!...LOL

Well.!!
    I OWE...OWE....So Off To Work I GO!

TTYL

~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Prayers for all trying to clean up and get to running again.

Finally finished by Dresden plate for Aunt Grace Circle of Friends. Now just to make all those little flowers....

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! Good bless and take care.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Nancy, sorry to hear about the destruction. Thankfully you are safe. Yes material things can be replaced, but lives can not.

Having a hard time deciding what pattern to use for the floral swap. Found one fabric, now I need a coordinating one. I might have to make a trip to Fabricland.

Our big fair is coming up, starts Thursday and runs until Monday. I have volunteered to help the jugdes on Thurs. and on Fri. I will help with the school kids, and my day will end helping the Lions Club serve up hamburgs and fries.

Philip and Jodi and the girls are coming as well. So I need to get this house in somewhat decent shape before Thurs.

Yesterday, I quilted a little more on my black and white quilt.

The sun is out today. Laundry time I think.

Have a wonderful Monday and stay safe.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Time here in Germany: 3.30 pm
    Wether: a little sunshine and 19 C / 66 F

I'am so glad that you're all save. I watch the US-News here in germany and I prayed for all your safty.

Today is my first day at work after my vacation. It's so hard not to think about home and how wonderful it is there :-)
    Yesterday I could finish my Housequilt finally. And hopefully I'll finish my green babyquilt today.

Just 1 hour to work than I can go home and do the fun stuff :-)

Have a great day!
    hugs and Happy quilting

Carmen from Germany, Rentweinsdorf

Check out my blog: www.bambine007.blog.de

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I share with everyone the sigh of relief that everyone in Irene's path is safe and sound. Take care - the road ahead is quite long. I know how long it takes to clean up after an disaster. Just be safe!!

Al FINALLY listened to me yesterday (why are men so stubborn?) and went out and bought new batteries for our lawn mowers. Now, I ask you, why did he wait all summer to do this and why did I have to listen to him bellyache because he had to get out the battery charger to get them to turn over at all? MEN! So, we did get the front yard mowed before the property was condemned. I must say I wish I had a herd of goats in here. We've got enough hay to feed them all through three winters, I am sure.

While I was waiting for him to get the mowers up and running, I ran off to the sewing room and got all of the blocks (replacements) for my local guild's BOM cut out - including the 12 placement blocks. Now I can just sit at the machine and sew and sew and sew and get them all put together. I figured out while cutting that the reason I haven't made more progress is because when I'm cutting my lower back starts aching and instead of hanging in there I give up and go rest. It's the cutting, ladies, it's the cutting. Now I realize why so many say they hate that aspect of quilting. Wonder if I could justify an Accu-Go? No way, Jose.

Headed to Li'l Sis's today where the technician will hopefully have all the parts and finally get our quilting machine set up and running. I'm getting so excited. Ran across a couple of ancient tops that I picked up at a second hand store that need to be quilted. Also woke this morning wondering when my cousin is going to deliver the Sunbonnet Sue quilt pieces - I need to go get those, I guess. And then there's the quilt I started before I actually started quilting (ever been there, done that? How much I have learned - I hope). I also pulled out the fabric that I bought when we were on the bus tour and will start cutting those pieces - maybe tomorrow.

Hugs and prayers where needed.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

i hope recovery goes well for those dealing with Irene. glad you're all safe.
    Sandy, the guys played the battery game with mom's mower for years(we mow for her). Finally wised up and kept two, one in the mower and one on the charger"just in case". why are men like that??
    I'll be digging around for backing for a couple tops i have upstairs. They really need to be finished. I found some for a crib top Sunday and got it basted, two more to go. my goal is to get those finished before I start anything else. Yeah, right.