Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with tutorials

I need to make a large baby quilt. I have a layer cake and a charm pack that are matching in boy material. What Jenny quilt tutorial is there for these supplies. Would like the quilt to be the size of a large lap when complete.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with tutorials

There were several recent threads. You might want to first check this one: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/how...ser-notes.html

Also if you look up in the top right corner there is a "search forums". Try layer cake, charm pack, quilt

If you have a preference for a certain pattern quilt (there are so many to chose from depending on individual taste) type that in the search engine above and often you will find ideas also.

Good luck :-)

3. Thanks bellasara thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A layer cake by itself will make a nice size quilt, probably about 55 by 66"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferCarp View Post
    I need to make a large baby quilt. I have a layer cake and a charm pack that are matching in boy material. What Jenny quilt tutorial is there for these supplies. Would like the quilt to be the size of a large lap when complete.
    Jennifer, I have pinterest boards I've created by precuts. Just click on that in my signature and it will take you to those tutorials. It isn't as complete as Karen has her list, but it is how I do best and that is by picture. I'm so visual. Good luck!
    ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~Debbie~♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

6. Thanks Kajenkids, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am enamored with the Five and Dime quilt Jenny made with the lady from Kansas Troubles. The charms are sewed onto the layer cake with raw edges exposed. So it makes a "rag" look. I think a boy might like that look.
    I want to do this with an Autumn Lily layer cake I have. Going to get a pinking blade to cut some of the layers into charms.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I saw one where the charms squares were used to snowball two corners of the layer cake. The upper left corner and the lower right corner, to make the blocks. Can't remember the name, but I'll bet someone here will remember.
    Quilters never die, they just go batts.