Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Newbie from Spokane

Hi I'm Nancy from Spokane, WA (actually I live in Nine Mile Falls, about 4 miles north and west of Spokane, but no one knows about Nine Mile Falls). I have been a quilter off and on since 1985, and have just recently started quilting more frequently. I made the flannel Woolies Rag quilt from the Dec. issue of Block and it turned out great! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it but I've asked my son and DIL to take a photo of it and send it to me.

I am retiring in May and am looking forward to having more time to quilt, read, knit, and travel, as well as spending time with our first grandbaby, due in June!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie from Spokane

Welcome from Southern California. I'm retiring at the end of this month & I plan to spend a lot more time quilting too. I can't hardly wait.. Sounds like you're going to retire just in time to be available for the new grand baby. I love babysitting my grand babies.
    This is a great place for inspiration. Enjoy looking around.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt

3. Thanks Neller thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Nancy, Enjoy your retirement and quilting. We all look forward to hearing from you often.

5. Thanks Neller thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nancy, and Welcome to the Forum from Texas. I've always loved WA state, and my favorite falls were Rooster Falls, tucked away and gorgeous, have so many pictures of that place! Great site here, with even greater folks, hope you enjoy your upcoming retirement, more quilting and especially that first Grandchild!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

7. Thanks Neller thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Oklahoma I've done hiking in that area beautiful country. I use to live in the Granite Falls in Washington before moving to Oklahoma and congratulations on the new Grandbaby
    The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

9. Thanks Neller thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Colorado! I lived in the Pac. N.W. for many years. I have 2 step-sons in Post Falls & Athol, ID. DH is from Coeur d'Alene. I took up quilting as soon as I retired in 2009. You'll wonder how you used to have time to work! It's a great hobby & this forum is a very welcoming place.

11. Thanks Neller thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Moscow ID!
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Baskets4deb, we're almost neighbors!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida! I am jealous of anyone able to retire. It will be at least another 9 years for me, if not longer. Glad to have you! And congrats on the grandbaby - hopefully he/she will come on the 7th!
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neller View Post
    Hi I'm Nancy from Spokane, WA (actually I live in Nine Mile Falls, about 4 miles north and west of Spokane, but no one knows about Nine Mile Falls). I have been a quilter off and on since 1985, and have just recently started quilting more frequently. I made the flannel Woolies Rag quilt from the Dec. issue of Block and it turned out great! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it but I've asked my son and DIL to take a photo of it and send it to me.

I am retiring in May and am looking forward to having more time to quilt, read, knit, and travel, as well as spending time with our first grandbaby, due in June!
    Welcome from the frosty mountain tops of Northern Utah! I retired last May and that is when I joined this group and learned how to quilt! I love the forum, it's a great place with wonderful people.

Grandchicklets are the best invention ever!!!! I have a sign in my office that states "who needs Santa? I've got Nana!" My family gave me a video for my birthday a little while ago and in it they each said a few things to me. It was really nice. Great to hear those things now, I was afraid I would have to attend my own funeral to have things said so sweetly. But my object is: my grandchildren that can talk, each told me how they knew that they are my favorite grandchild. That means that I have succeeded in my goal to have them each feel that they are the only one in my life. I love it! You are going to have a blast!!!! Welcome Welcome!
    ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~Debbie~♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

16. Thanks Neller thanked for this post