Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 33 Aug 27th - Sep 2nd

congrats goonybird. My quilting buddy is my Mom.. we shop and take classes together and sew together when we can.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You have shared beautiful stories of meeting quilting friends. It truly is the tie that binds! (sorry for play on words!) I got into it as a result of a few friends who did it. I tell them they are responsible for my addiction! I love being on this forum and sharing such a wonderful hobby.....we don't sew in person together, but certainly in spirit.

Beautiful story, Rhonda. You must have given her so much comfort knowing that you'd appreciate the quilting 'stuff' as much as she did.

Congratulations, Goony Bird!! Happy shopping.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted my sister (we are in our 60's) to get interested in quilting so when Jenny started teaching online for sympos I suggested she sign up like I did and after watching some of the videos I took a jelly roll and a charm pack up to her house and asked her if she would like to make a flimsy that weekend so we worked on that one together and have worked together on 2 more. I hope there are more in our future
    Diane from Toledo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Goonybird!
    My best friend since kindergarten quilts and right now even though she is over 4 hours away, we still try to get together to sew and shop hop. We even have a special weekend for a main quilt show in March every year. Girls only!
    And now - I have all of you here!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any quilting buddies. But, after I made a quilt for my sister she became interested in making some quilts for her daughters. Now we show each other our latest.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My quilting buddy is my mother-in-law. My husband and I have been married for almost 25 years, and I have never had anything in common with his step mom. Then, she started quilting. Now when we have the opportunity to get together, we can spend hours sharing projects, looking at fabric, and just laughing at the mistakes we make. I'm really looking forward to this fall. We are going on a retreat together. Who knew quilting would bring your family closer.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who is learning to quilt with me and we get together at my house at least once a week and help each other with any problems we have, and we have lots of cups of tea and cookies and cake!! She brings her 1 year old son and our boys mostly play nice together.... boys being boys and a big difference in age and size means that it's never long before the tears start! We are planing to hand sew a doll house quilt together as soon as we have enough scraps to make the furniture etc. I also have a great bunch of girls across the road at my LQS who are always there for advise or just a chat.
    Find my creations on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/tinabartondesigns

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope! I'm a loner. When my kids were little a few of us from our babysitting coop got together a few times but it didn't last. The person who organized it ended up working a full-time job so it fizzled out. I learned how to do foundation piecing in the short time we were together. Really appreciate learning that skill. I don't really have a desire to join any quilt groups. I'm happy just working on my own.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I don't have any sewingbuddies here. I mean buddies for quilting. A neighbor of mine sew, but only clothes and stuff. but quilting isn't so common here in germany and I am the only one in my area now. Maybe I'll find some more, but most of them sew other things or they don't sew at all.
    I love quilting and my quilting buddies are here in the community, MSQ and jenny. My buddy is youtube with jenny and the classes in craftsy.
    Last edited by bambine007; August 28th, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
    hugs and Happy quilting

Carmen from Germany, Rentweinsdorf

Check out my blog: www.bambine007.blog.de

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No sewing buddies here yet. I just started 6 months ago so maybe that will be in my future. But I have everyone here