Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Work in Progress, Happy New Year! 1/1/15

Woot we made it another year ladies!! What will we create this year!!!

I'm halfway done with flannel baby, and bought some fabric yesterday. J's had fat quarters on sale for .99 so I picked up 10 :P I'm collecting blue fabrics possibly for "the big quilt?" we'll see.
    And a yard of black fabric to finish placemats.

Other than that haven't sewed in a couple of days :O
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Work in Progress, Happy New Year! 1/1/15

Finished up some BOM that I had for years. Only could find 9 and ended up with 8 because the last one was another foundation pieced one and that is definitely NOT my thing. After ripping and miscutting it wound up in the circular bin (trash) It's going to be a table runner when done and I'm going to try out quilt as you go on it. Got all the pieces for backing and batting cut last night, so I can start this new year off with a new project and new technique as well.
    Wish me luck.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well after the bust yesterday for sewing, this morning (tho being gloomy and rainy) I'm ready to GO! Survery is!...........finish the Star! Then on to the Curved Log Cabin, whoop!

Amy, not sewing for a few days I think is a good thing, it gives us a chance to recharge our batteries, no matter how much we love quilting!
    Fran, Oh my on the BOM, but you made lemonade anyway, so there ya go, and QAYG, it's fun!! Wishing you all the luck in the world!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have to work all week so I haven't done much. I did sew a little last night on the quilt for my DIL that will be a late Christmas gift!! Hope I can do some more tonight when I get home!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple UFOs to finish and then I want to make Jenny's Spool Quilt. I also want to make some table runners for Christmas gifts next year so I'm not in a rush. I always get table runner fever every January for some reason. Then there's all the machine embroidery I plan to do. I hope it's going to be a fabulous year for all of us!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have created such a mess in our sewing room that we have to clean it up before starting the 2015 creating. That's what I'm going to be doing in a little while....cleaning that mess.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

First day of 2015 I knew I was only going to have brief moments of sewing, so I just started playing around with fabric. I had no time to start sewing the Bonnie Hunter's Mystery blocks, so I just aligned a few units on the table, took a pic and then copypasted side by side to have a virtual idea of what the quilt is going to look like. Then I also cut a couple of 10" squares to practice further the construction of the DHG2 blocks for the SWAP.
    My purpose for 2015 is to use every month one of the precuts I have listed in my user notes. I'm starting to cut the Crazy for Shelburne strips to use them as Leaders and Enders in a new Carolina Chain quilt.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My work in progress was the cleaning of the sewing room. Glad to report it is done and I got a bonus. When I came downstairs the Christmas tree in the sunroom was down and all the furniture back in place! My hubby, my hero! One tree down one to go, but I don't think I'll get that lucky this time.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finished up the baby panel quilt, two self binding baby blankets with matching bibs, and three decorative pillows for the baby's room. My first WIP for the new year is the Woodland quilt kit and some burp cloths to match the bibs and blankets! Now if I could just get off the sofa!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got the binding made and sewed to the front of one brother's quilt. Should have stayed in there and got it finished, but have been chilling out on the couch instead. Tomorrow is another day!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.