Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday After Chrstmas Slump

Kind of dragging this morning but another cup of coffee should get me going. Going to cut up the last of the Rainbow cookies for DS#3 and family. Cookies have a thin chocolate layer on top and by now I'm all chocolate out after sampling some of the many chocolates gifts we've received, chocolates after Christmas Eve and Christmas day's dinners as well as some at DGD C's bridal shower yesterday afternoon. DGD M's gift of fresh fruit is what I'll be eating today.

How are all of you doing after the holiday feasting?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday After Chrstmas Slump

I am heading to work. Surprise.

But, it is a relief to know that we got everyone their Christmas gifts on time (except for the REALLY.IRRITATING.MAN, who gave me a hard time about our estimate of due date because HE was too cheap to come in earlier, blah, blah...and I got his orders--difficult ones, too, completed a day EARLY and he FORGOT to pick them up before Christmas.) Sigh.

Overall, Christmas was fabulous for us! Laylabug had 5 Christmases so far, and Santa left a few things here that she will discover tonight, so....

Have a great day, all!!!
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready to eat normal again...and get back on track exercising. Think the christmas decorations are coming down today. Can't wait to get sewing again. I've been too busy this month to sew much.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Are we supposed to stop feasting? lol I cooked up some butternut squash soup tonight. It's easy to cool out on the deck when it's 16 degrees F out. :P I also dinked around planning my Kaffe Fassett quilt backing. I'm going with this: Kaffe Fassett GP67-Red Fabric - QuiltHome
    But is it bright enough?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen my last bite of chocolate for a while, too. Too much of a good thing isn't too good for us, especially when we are getting older. DD sent us a large box of See's chocolates (my favorites) and they are almost gone.

I'm excited about my sewing plans for 2015 and can't wait to get started. Last year after the holidays I went into a huge slump that took a while to climb out of. This year I will have my new machine and it should be really fun.

Thank you, May, for the darling Night Owl card!! I'm just an occasional night owl. I should start an Early Bird group!

Wishing everyone a good Sunday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today is kinda of resting day... I need it after the worst nightmare of my entire life, I was shaking when I woke up and I hope I'll never ever have to dream such horror.

Anyway tomorrow is my DH's husband, he doesn't like fancy stuff so we'll keep it simple and it will be just the two of us. Plus a couple of friends let us know yesterday they'll be here for the 31st and I'm really happy about it! So... it's definitely time to do some chores in the house and decide what to do for lunch. For dinner my DH is going to take care with take away :P we're simple in our taste PLUS I'm working 4 hrs in the morning and probably 4 in the afternoon the day of 31st so I don't have that much time to prepare that much. I'll bake a cake or some sweet treats!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Bubby, I hope you have a great time with your new machine. I was in a sewing slump most of this year.....planning to change that for 2015!

Am I old enough to be sore from painting a small utility room? Please don't answer that. I already know the answer.......apparently I am old enough. One more coat of paint today. Hopefully, we will have new floor in the kitchen & utility room by the end of the day tomorrow.

I'm trying to do some more cleaning today so that I can start sewing again once the kitchen project is finished.

Hope you all have a great day!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm in a bit of a slump today too. Not sure what to do, so I'm just sitting drinking coffee-not that that isn't a good Sunday morning activity. I do have 2 hockey games to attend later today but motivation is really low right now. I need to get the decorations down I think. At some point (like now) it starts to look like the house is getting cluttered with stuff so I have to get back to my more zen environment. I can't stand clutter, even having a Christmas tablecloth on the dining room table bugs me. I like the bare table look. Before Christmas it is festive but now its clutter and time to go away for another year.

I am very anxious to get back to normal so I can sew. We have been a semi construction zone for over a month now and I am getting tired of it. Everywhere you look there is dust. My sewing stuff is in a large pile in the bedroom waiting for the sewing room. I can't find anything I need. Grrrr. But I know it will be worth it in the end. I find the contractor is not very realistic about how long anything will take to complete but I am hoping they will be done in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for letting me rant. I am getting impatient having tarps on the floor and dust everywhere.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday and as Blondie would say "smile folksies"
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!
    I was up at 7 but I have no zip whatsoever!!!
    I need to get up and out to pick up meds at the pharmacy but I'm still sitting here, on my 3rd cup of tea and not moving very fast!!
    I don't get an after holiday let down, I'm more relieved it's over. But I just don't have any energy.
    I slept OK, but perhaps a shower will get me more alert!
    Funny how some days as just blah. Yesterday I was retired 1year and I don't really feel like I accomplished a lot.
    Hopefully 2015 is my year to get the things done: like painting the kitchen and dining room the colors I picked out in August!
    So I hope everyone has a good Sunday and enjoys the days we have left in 14 because 15 is right around the corner!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Today is going to be busy. It's dh's birthday and we are heading over this morning to celebrate with his daughters, son-in-laws and grandsons. We are doing Christmas with them too. Then we will head back home and spend the last few hours visiting with ds and dil before we have to take them back to the airport this evening. We had another great family day yesterday. I made lasagna for dinner and my sister and her boyfriend came over and joined us. It is great having my boys here. I miss having my youngest too though. It's going to be hard when they all leave. But I will just start working on the list of what I want to make for the new grand baby and plan my trip to CA after the baby arrives.

Gotta get moving. Have a great day
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com