• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimsophia
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2014

Hark! the herald Night Owl hoots!

One a.m. here and so Christmas Day is over. I hope you all had a good day. Santa let me buy a new sewing machine for my April birthday, early.

Now I don't have to sew another quilt without automatic needle down position! I have no idea what I'll do with all those stitches but I'm willing to try some decorative crazy quilt kind of seam decorations. But it won't even come until February so I'll have time to get all my pieces cut.

Saw the Exodus movie tonight. It was no The Ten Commandments...lol
  • share60
    Batting Beauty
    • Aug 2014

Re: Hark! the herald Night Owl hoots!

Drooling have fun XXXX

Comment

• bubba
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

Well Merry Christmas to you!!! You will like the needle down....I know I do.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Juliet Taylor
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2014

What a gift! I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot!
        My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

• MomGram
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2013

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I can't believe it's done. My company did not eat the desserts and skipped taking it home. Ohhhh my three pies (pumpkin,Apple,and chocolate silk) here to eat. They'll be calling tomorrow and asking to stop by. I don't know why they can't take it when I offer the first time. Hmmmm, must be they can't get enough of seeing me and want to come over again. Haha.
          sigpicAnita G.

Comment

• toggpine
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2009

Merry Christmas Night!

We had a full day here and at Mom's.
            Most of the gifts from my husband were something the whole family will end up benefiting from. Hmmm. (None of these things were on my radar as even potential gifts.)
            A new splatter screen so when I cook bacon it doesn't make such a mess on my stove. The Far Side collection, which looks innocent, until you realize he's as big of a fan as I am. A set of new cookie sheet liners, so I don't have to futz with the parchment paper any more when I bake cookies, therefore it will be easier for me to make them.
            Oh! He did get me a roll of those super thick/cushy blue paper shop towels for wrapping some of my goat equipment in after cleaning and before use. (He may have swiped those from work and/or bought several rolls for cleaning parts in the shop. I haven't been out to the shop in the last few days to know for sure.)
            My daughter, ever practical herself, when out shopping with Nana, decided Mom needed one of the silicone brownie baking trays. "Then you can make brownies more easily Mom. See. they are already in little squares!" Sheesh!

My brother did better. He gave me a gift card to Michaels. They don't really have fabric. I think the last few times I have been in a M's I have only bought cupcake papers, and those were on end of the season clearance. If the trend holds true, I ought to be well stocked in cupcake papers for 2015!
            Although I did see that they have the June Taylor basting spray and they had a 50% off coupon for any regular priced item. Great! Oh wait ... it was out of stock. Figures.
            Thankfully Santa read my note and I did get one of those snazzy little steam irons for travel. Now to finish the travel ironing board and make a 'Hot Bag/Iron Cozy" for it and I'll be ready to take my show on the road in style!

Tomorrow is more tidying up and washing of the new clothes. I have started purging part of the master bedroom. I want to get the new dresser drawers we were gifted last summer constructed while Hubby is home this next week. I really want to get this place emptied out of 'stuff' we haven't touched since we moved in and/or the grandparents passed and left us the house full of 40 years of things.
            AND Santa brought a HUGE bean bag. Really, it is 132" in circumference! I'm going to need to rearrange the living room furniture for this to stay in here! This week might be busier than Hubby bargained for. He might have wished he went to work after all!
            Last edited by toggpine; December 26, 2014, 02:27 AM.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Juliet Taylor
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by MomGram View Post
              They'll be calling tomorrow and asking to stop by. I don't know why they can't take it when I offer the first time. Hmmmm, must be they can't get enough of seeing me and want to come over again. Haha.
              of course
              I love reading what you write!
              My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

• bubba
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Juliet Taylor View Post
                of course
                I love reading what you write!
                I think I'd like eating what she baked!!
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Juliet Taylor
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                  I think I'd like eating what she baked!!
                  me too! I just discovered during Christmas I lost one kilos... I need to celebrate!!

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

• MayinJerset
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2012

Hi Night Owls, At 6:30 am it really isn't night any longer but it's so dark out that I'm calling it night. We had a nice but long Christmas day - dinner that DGD and fiancé were cooking was planned for 5pm but somehow the oven got turned off and we didn't eat dinner until 7:30. While waiting we exchanged gifts and everyone was happy with their gifts of fun tee shirts, gift cards to restaurants or for hobby interests and lots of good chocolates and fresh fruits thrown in to try to keep the holiday eating a bit healthy.

Nice that some got new sewing machines and I might be happy to receive the special paper towels that Cathy received but then again maybe not as they are connected to more work. Her family it also trying to keep her making their favorite cookies and brownies.

I'll be dragging today and plan to do a lot of resting = only thing I really need to do is wrap my gift for DGD's bridal shower tomorrow afternoon. Big part of my gift is at her mom and dad's, 3 boxes from Crate and Barrel with 6 place setting of her cream colored dinnerware. I'll have copies of the dishes on a poster board in my shower gift box along with a red tablecloth and napkins.

Fully awake now so I'm off to make some coffee and begin the new day. Would I be bad if I had some Christmas cookies for breakfast? Think I'll be good and save my stomach some pain and have some cranberry bread instead.
                    Last edited by MayinJerset; December 26, 2014, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Bubby
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2011

That looks like a very nice machine...enjoy!
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• kimsophia
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2014

MayInJersey, what are Christmas cookies for? Of course breakfast! With coffee!

Comment

Working...
                        X