Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default In search of Pam Bono's My Kind of Town paper piecing pattern

Hi from Indiana! I am searching for Pam Bono's My Kind of Town paper piecing instructions. Someone sent me all the cutting instructions for each block and pictures of them. Am I missing the paper piecing templates or do I just copy the picture of the sewing directions and go from there. I know they have to be printed off correctly or your pattern pieces will be incorrect. Has anyone done this pattern and am I indeed missing the templates? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: In search of Pam Bono's My Kind of Town paper piecing pattern

If it is a copyrighted pattern, asking for copies is a violation of that copyright and not supported by Missouri Star Quilt Company or this forum.

If all you are asking for is information hopefully someone can help you.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/P...id=fetEeOcHvxY
    Last edited by K. McEuen; December 24th, 2014 at 07:53 PM.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

3. Thanks lots2do thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Karen, Thanks for keeping up legal. I work in academics and copyright is a serious business. I know it sounds harsh to cite the law, but it does keep us all legal and ethical AND honors those who develop patterns. Intellectual property is what keeps great, creative ideas coming our way. Hopefully Hutch Farm can find the info she needs.
    ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
    George Eliot

5. Thanks lots2do thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hutch farm View Post
    Hi from Indiana! I am searching for Pam Bono's My Kind of Town paper piecing instructions. Someone sent me all the cutting instructions for each block and pictures of them. Am I missing the paper piecing templates or do I just copy the picture of the sewing directions and go from there. I know they have to be printed off correctly or your pattern pieces will be incorrect. Has anyone done this pattern and am I indeed missing the templates? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    I had no idea! Thanks for enlightening me on this. I certainly would never want to do anything that is illegal. How about this? Can I purchase the design anywhere? I have looked everywhere and would be more than willing to purchase it. I know Pam Bono's website no longer exists. Is it a lost cause or should I keep looking? Suggestions? And thanks again for being a website of integrity

7. Thanks lots2do thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Her Facebook page seems to still be active. You might find help here. https://www.facebook.com/PamsClub
    ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
    George Eliot

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

No luck on Pam's facebook page. Can anyone suggest anything else like Pam's design? Looking for a town-like pattern with a church, school, buildings, etc. I've looked at Quilters Cache and found a few there. I'm thinking there is a pattern buried in a book somewhere of quilt blocks. Thanks again. Pam's design is just perfect but boy, finding it...impossible. Since she worked for Better Homes and Gardens for awhile, does anyone think they would have access to it? I realize it is copyrighted but how does that work if a person is deceased?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if I this helps, but I found this site

Pam Bono. Labor Day Surprises.

12. Thanks hutch farm thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Pam's website is closed and her Facebook page hasn't been updated since her daughter posted shortly after her death. Does anyone know where to purchase her patterns?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

According to the Facebook page....there has even been people ask the question regarding the pattern on the Facebook page and no one has answered. But, there was a question asked on whether the patterns were still being distributed. The answer is what is found on Ebay is what is left.....I found this.....
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Kind-Of-...UAAOSwVL1WAusF
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!